Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I think you want to be where the people, where the money is, and easy access.

I think you want to be off woodward corridor, right at 696-/ I75.

Couple miles any direction.

Ohh ballz, just saw you want rural, for you to live, or the shop, or shop will be where you live.

I personally like china township, algonac, marine city, harsens island area.
    Not 100% sure if the shop will be in an outbuilding on the property or in a separate space at this point. Still a few variables to work out over the next several months.

I am a Forum User
    Gladwin.
    Rural, close to I-75, other gunshops have left recently due to circumstances.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    Gladwin.
    Rural, close to I-75, other gunshops have left recently due to circumstances.
    We have family in Beaverton and Clare, there is a good possibility of being in that area. Can you tell me more about the other shops? Why did they close?

I am a Forum User
    Consider the Cadillac area. A great smaller town with Traverse City just up the road. [emoji1303]

MHB

I am a Forum User
    Come to the Lansing area! I recently asked about my options for firearm finishes, and where to go. I believe that all of the recommendations were more than an hour away. Once I start factoring in gas/time to drive, or shipping costs, it starts making sense to do it myself. If we had a reputable shop in the area, I wouldn't even consider trying to do it myself.

Honestly, if you have a chance to do it all over you should really compare the business climate in this state with some others. If you must be in Michigan, go somewhere that your customers can drive to, easily. The roads are bad and the taxes are high. Pick somewhere that doesn't license and tax you to death with schemes like "LARA". Do you have school aged children? I'd be looking at all of the options available for their education (public, private, charter and homeschools) and make sure that the way you want them educated is supported by the community you choose. Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio border towns would get you close to Michigan but might offer a better standard of living.

I am a Forum User
    Hey welcome back! We definitely need more good cerakoters here in Michigan. I'm as busy as I want to be with mostly repeat customers so no harm no foul if you decide to move near me. I would welcome your barrel threading and fluting skills as I have nowhere to send dozens of customers. I'm 5+ years away from ramping up my business from just Cerakote and custom rifle builds. IMHO the West side of the State is a huge market that is totally unfulfilled. But the S.E. side has the largest population. Drop me a line if you need any help.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Hey welcome back! We definitely need more good cerakoters here in Michigan. I'm as busy as I want to be with mostly repeat customers so no harm no foul if you decide to move near me. I would welcome your barrel threading and fluting skills as I have nowhere to send dozens of customers. I'm 5+ years away from ramping up my business from just Cerakote and custom rifle builds. IMHO the West side of the State is a huge market that is totally unfulfilled. But the S.E. side has the largest population. Drop me a line if you need any help.
    Dan
    Hows your Shoulder doing?
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    I vote Grand Rapids ... I live here and it is ranked as the 12th best place to live in the USA (https://realestate.usnews.com/places...n/grand-rapids)

West side. GR/Kzoo area. East side is saturated (maybe an overstatement) with what you're looking to do. Most of us aren't going to spend $100 to ship out a firearm for cerekote because it's a 3 hour drive.
    I only know of a couple places around here that offer those services, and only one that comes to mind I would trust doing it.
    Plus, you're close to IN and may pick up biz from there as well.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast