Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

EDC light on your pistols, yes or no?

But mulling around the idea of a light on my carry weapon, what are your thoughts about it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    I would do it. Whenever I practice or do competitions I always have a light on it. A Streamlight TRL-1 in a Raven concealment holster; however, it doesn't work for me to conceal it and carry it daily like that.

I would like to purchase their Vanguard light bearing holster...I just haven't bought it yet. That might work, but I usually carry a G26 and don't have much use or desire to carry my G17 with a light unless I go to the north end of Flint in the middle of the night. Then at that point I don't care if it stays perfectly concealed because of its size.

WML give you better control of the weapon versus trying to use a handheld light along with the gun.

The only downside I see is that you have to muzzle whatever you’re pointing the light at.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I dont because some of my guns are old sigs from the 80s. No rail.

I do not think I will need it, didnt want to narrow my holster selection etc.

As long as you have a top 10 most popular gun and a common light its no big deal, I would do it.

If you have a weird gun, like say a Sphinx, or something like that its probably not worth the hassle to find a holster.

I am a Forum User
    I carry a xdm 4.5. So a trl lr an olight would be good then

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am not a pistol light guy...I know others want them

On a night stand gun a light is a plus, on my carry gun not so much.
    I have enough trouble keeping my drawers up with this big belly pushing them down without adding more weight to my gun. That and, I don't carouse around Flint or the big D after sundown in unlit areas.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Never

My standard EDC/work carry is a Glock 43 w/TLR-6 light/laser.

I work days so all of my free time is evening, and if I ever have to draw my weapon I'd like to have a light to see my target.

Some people like lights, some people don't like lights, it's all about personal preference, and deciding that if you ever get attacked or need your gun...is there a chance it's going to be dark?

Some lights they make these days (Like the TLR-6) are VERY small and compact, and make absolutely no difference on conceal-ability.

I have TLR's and Surefire's for my other guns that I open carry sometimes, I enjoy having lights.

Large fan and believer in WMLs. You can't shoot what you can't see and just because you see something, doesn't mean you can identify it clearly.

A WML gives you less perceived recoil...it's like having a match weight on the front.

Some WMLs stick out past the muzzle. This gives your firearm a bit of a "stand off" device in contact distance range so that the slide has some extra protection from being pushed out of battery(an OOB slide=click no bang).

The advantages outweigh the disadvantages by far too much for me. A WML and a handheld light are almost always on me.

Best advice anyone can give you is to take a low/no light pistol course from a widely recognized training school/instructor. Let yourself decide afterwards. For what it's worth, I never carried a weapon light until my eyes were opened in low/no light training.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 04-19-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast