Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rarely. Holster selection for anything other than Kydex becomes very limited.
    WMLs also cast shadows and force you to keep your pistol in the ready position to use.
    Far more dexterity with a handheld than WML.
    My bedside gun does have one, but I also have a 1,000 lumen handheld that is more likely use if need be.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

MGO LIFE Member
    Two major notes;

1: A light on your firearm locates you. When my dad was in military they had some "clear a room paintball games" for training one team came in to clear the room and the opfor (which happened to be some branch specialty unit, not quite special forces) setup had all of their flashlights left on the ground facing the doors to disorient the incoming forces and maintain positions in the shadows. Where it got interesting is when they traded roles and the opfor was attacking, the original team seeing that it was such a great idea to leave the flashlights on the ground facing the doors, did so, only to have opfor throw their flashlights spinning through the door so the flashlights spun past lighting every corner and giving away their position, distracting the defender whom usually watched the flashlight go by, and the opfor swept in and took out the defender without having lights on their muzzles to identify their positions. I might have the order of how this story went a little backwards, but the result is the same, a little creativity planned out beforehand to solve a problem can be very helpful.

2: I'm sure someone else can cite legal, but I am told to believe that in a home defense scenario, it is better perceived by court/jury/etc to have a flashlight to clearly identify your intruder before firing, as opposed to glow dots which allow you to line up your sights in less than ideal lighting conditions, but do not necessarily clarify for you what or who your target is to positively identify as a threat.

That said in my case, I will admit that my firearm of choice is not popular enough on the market to have easily found holsters made for it, harder still to find holster that supports a weapon mounted light... but my own experiences have led me to favor some creativity with high intensity strobes.

I am a Forum User
    Since the TLR-7 came out I’ve carried it on my CZ P-01 everyday, I’m a big fan. Works great on my G19 as well. I carry it in a appendix holster but it would work well owb/iwb as well.

It doesn’t add a lot of weight and it’s flush with the compact size handguns. The switches are different than most WML’s but I still like the light a lot.

I still carry a handheld light as well so it’s not the only source of illumination on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attend a low light class or a night competition. Eye opening experience. Open a door while holding on to a flashlight in one hand and a handgun in the other. How about calling 911 on your phone? Having one of your gun means you learning how to properly use it. Research the amount of “spill” the light has so it illuminates the widest area possible decently well. Lumens are great but not in a too concentrated beam for a handgun. Learn to use the momentary on features to not give away your position and to properly identify targets. I have weapon light on just about every HG I own. But I carry a small high powered handheld in addition when I can, specially if I know I will be out when it’s dark.
    Last edited by no im not squinting; 04-19-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Every defense firearm should have a light.

Even during the day there are dark places, and dark people in those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Every defense firearm should have a light.

Even during the day there are dark places, and dark people in those places.
    Yup they don’t hold bankers hours or make appointment lol

I am a Forum User
    Consider your odds of ever needing to draw your firearm ever in your life. Just those odds are astronomically low. Then add another layer to consider if you will have to draw/use your firearm in a low light condition where a light makes or breaks your success. Then weigh those odds against the added complexity of turning the light on, training with a light, having it malfunction, the added room needed to carry it.

Just isn't something I'd ever consider unless I was an LEO or a soldier. For the average dude, just not necessary. Lotsa "yeah but... you could... what if... one time my buddy... read online about..." with this sort of topic, but my answer to the original question is "no".

I am a Forum User
    These are good arguments either way. Thanks for the input guys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Consider your odds of ever needing to draw your firearm ever in your life. Just those odds are astronomically low. Then add another layer to consider if you will have to draw/use your firearm in a low light condition where a light makes or breaks your success. Then weigh those odds against the added complexity of turning the light on, training with a light, having it malfunction, the added room needed to carry it.

Just isn't something I'd ever consider unless I was an LEO or a soldier. For the average dude, just not necessary. Lotsa "yeah but... you could... what if... one time my buddy... read online about..." with this sort of topic, but my answer to the original question is "no".
    By that logic,

Nobody really needs an AR15 unless they are going to war.

I like them because they add 0 extra work to carrying if you OWB.
    Plus I don’t have a crystal ball to know exactly that I will only need my firearm when it is easy to identify my targets in light areas.

I guess the situation where I may need my firearm AT ALL is astronomically low.
    Last edited by Coctailer; 04-20-2018 at 04:35 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    By that logic,

Nobody really needs an AR15 unless they are going to war.

That's pretty much the truth... or a war-like scenario... if we're talking about true need in the absolutely literal sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast