Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where have all the Glocks gone?

I am not sure my eyes have ever spotted a gen1 Glock. Rarely a second gen. Where are they all?

KBs

lol!!!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Safes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Gen 1 19 sells for over $5K on GB. Gen 1 17's can be found from time to time. Plenty of gen 2's out there in most flavors still

I am a Forum User
    Glock spent a lot of the 1990's recalling their Generation 1 pistols and many were destroyed rather repaired. Glock had discovered accidental discharge and slide self dismounting problems with their Generation 1 pistols. Glock recalled and 'upgraded' somewhere around 500,000 Glock handguns imported from 1985 to 1991. The upgrade kit replaced seven parts.

Extractor
    Spring-loaded bearing
    Firing pin safety
    Firing pin safety spring
    Firing pin
    Striker
    Trigger bar

Glock declared that they 'upgraded' all Generation 1 pistols in 1998, but I am not so certain. In any event, there are three different lengths of frame rails in Generation 1 Glocks:

Short - original design, gun slide self dismounts and has a tendency to self discharge on slide closure even with the parts 'upgrade'
    Medium - Final design, still used today on current Glocks
    Long - Second design. Shock stable, but too much slide resistance and short strokes when using standard (not +P) ammunition

The medium rail length was the best and final version. The parts 'upgrade' to an original, short frame rail Glock was not sufficient to prevent the slide dismounting problem with the Generation 1 Glocks. So Glock destroyed all short frame rail Generation 1 Glocks when they were presented for upgrading. Glock also destroyed all long frame rail Generation 1 and Generation 2 Glocks when they were presented for upgrading.

Most Generation 1 and many Generation 2 Glocks disappeared in these 'upgrades'.

I am a Forum User
    I have a very early Gen 2 Glock 21.

I have a brand new in box G22 Gen2. I also have G17's, G19's and G23's in the Gen2 version. I didn't like the finger grooves on the Gen3, so I chased down some Gen2's back in the day.

It's weird to think of Glock's as "collector" pieces, but I guess anything can be. Look at what some "PEZ" candy dispensers go for these days.

A friend of mine still has the Gen 1 G17 I sold him forever ago. I should let him know it has potential collector value. It had over 60k rounds through it when I sold it to him, and he shoots it like crazy... no idea what the round count might be like now.

I have a Gen 3 G19 hanging in my bank of lockers. Don't like it as much as the old Gen 2.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I bought 2 Gen 1 Glock 17s from the classifieds here on MGO. Always wanted one for my gun collection.

I have Glock 19s for sale. Gen 4 and Gen 5

MGO Member
    I have a Gen1 17 and 2 Gen 2 19’s, they pop up at the LGS from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast