Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Unrealistic gun shot responses

Been watching the wire, but not just this show but shows like Sopranos etc crime dramas right. When a gun goes off indoors everyone stands there like nothing but wouldn't your ears be ringing like crazy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

I never fired a handgun indoors without ear pro, and hopefully never have to. But I did fail to get the muzzle out of the window in a hunting blind that was constructed like a shed, and my ears did ring a bit.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

remember the fort lauderdale airport shooter? it took a few seconds for people to stop merrily walking TOWARDS him and just sit down on the floor out in the open...
    people are dumb animals
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    At my CPL class years ago, someone didn't hear the cease fire. Someone lit off a 9mm round indoors when just about everyone had their hearing protection off including me. The jack hole was one lane over from me. I remember hearing a pop, then an intense ringing in my ears that lasted for close to an hour. During that time I could barely hear anything else. Even into the next day when it was quiet I could hear a slight ringing. After 2-3 days it was completely gone.

So I always laugh when movies or shows depict someone shooting a gun indoors and then talking in a normal indoor voice right afterwards.

I am a Forum User
    Yea I shot 1 round of 9mm in a backyard once with a privacy fence, 1 round and my ears rang for hours

It depends on the "indoor" environment, and distance from the source. About three years ago a friend and I went to a gun show in Novi. We were about 50 feet from the entrance when a pistol being checked in by the show folks was discharged. The building went silent to the point under normal conditions you could have hear a pin drop. It was loud but because of the large area wasn't all that bad. Both myself and my friends agree to NEVER go to another show. Disarming people I believe is far more hazardous compared to leaving them alone. JMHO

MGO Member
    In 1989 we had an accidental discharge of a 30-06 indoors during deer season. I remember thinking afterword "I thought it would be louder than that."

I am a Forum User
    Two rounds of .45 at the end of my arm made my ears ring outside. I can still hear the ringing now, yrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    Been watching the wire, but not just this show but shows like Sopranos etc crime dramas right. When a gun goes off indoors everyone stands there like nothing but wouldn't your ears be ringing like crazy?

No. Its not that bad. I have tried it in a cabin that was being torn down to satisfy my curiousity.

I am a Forum User
    I always thought they used little poofy ammo and then dubbed the sound in during the editing process. It's like you also don't seem to see normal recoil when a gun is fired.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast