Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Illinois County Declares Itself a ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners

Illinois County Declares Itself a ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    April 21st. 2018

*****gham County, Illinois, officially declared itself a “sanctuary county” for gun owners on Monday.

The “sanctuary” status means the county will refuse enforcement of any new state law which might “unconstitutionally restrict the Second Amendment.”

Fox News Insider reports the county board passed the “sanctuary county” resolution by a vote of eight to one on Monday.

County board member David Campbell indicated the vote was part of fighting against the constant encroachment on the Second Amendment. He said, “[We] decided it’s time for someone to take a hard stand.”

*****gham County State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler explained that the idea came from watching how the left declares sanctuary areas throughout the county as it relates to immigration. He said, “So we thought … why don’t we just make this a sanctuary county like they would for undocumented immigrants. So we did flip the script on it.”

The impetus for the vote was a Deerfield, Illinois, decision not simply to bar residents from “assault weapon” ownership but to empower the police chief to confiscate such weapons once the ban goes into effect.

MGO Board of Directors

Unfortunately, this may the way that people will have to go when liberal high population density centers control not only those centers, but the elections on State levels.

Doesn't Ill have some level of preemption at the State level for firearms?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Unfortunately, this may be the way that people will have to go when liberal high population density centers control not only those centers, but the elections on State levels.

Doesn't Illinois have some level of preemption at the State level for firearms?
    Your incomplete sentence makes about as much sense as complaining about an observation of someone sponsoring a bill.
    So, I fixed it for you.
    'Nuff said. I'm done.
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----