Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Child care provider sues Illinois!

Child care provider sues after Illinois tells her to choose between gun rights and business

By David Sherfinksi
    The Washington Times
    April 22nd. 2018

An Illinois woman who runs a child care service out of her home is suing the state, saying its restrictions on day care facilities make it illegal for her to keep a gun in her house for self-defense.

Jennifer Miller’s lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for central Illinois after the state emerged as a battleground in the post-Parkland gun debate, with citizens and various localities trying to stake claims on either side of the issue.

Mrs. Miller and her husband, Darin, both hold concealed-weapons permits. But Illinois’ rules prohibit handguns from being kept in day care homes, with exceptions only for law enforcement or others who have to carry guns for their jobs.

MGO Member
    Why does the left care more about protecting criminals than it does about law abiding citizens? My only guess is the criminals are part of their constituency.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    Why does the left care more about protecting criminals than it does about law abiding citizens? My only guess is the criminals are part of their constituency.
    Because they are criminals themselves...

I am a Forum User
    So very well said!

Account Closed Forum User
    They sincerely believe that a gun is a greater liability and risk to the safety of good, innocent people than it is a tool for a positive use by good people against against evildoers. So in the aggregate, their view is that fewer guns means less risk of avoidable harm. If that means someone can’t defend themselves, that is a sad fact but so be it, because the overall greater good is advanced by disarmament.

Quote Originally Posted by computeruser View Post
    They sincerely believe that a gun is a greater liability and risk to the safety of good, innocent people than it is a tool for a positive use by good people against against evildoers. So in the aggregate, their view is that fewer guns means less risk of avoidable harm. If that means someone can’t defend themselves, that is a sad fact but so be it, because the overall greater good is advanced by disarmament.
    This is exactly how many liberals feel/think,they honestly believe that people must be saved from themselves. I know because I used to work in office full of them.

I am a Forum User
    Why does the left care more about protecting criminals than it does about law abiding citizens?
    What you have said here could actually be a very good flaming arrow continually shot a candidates progressive opponent. Or even a certain political party could use it as they advance pro-gun legislation, that is if they really wanted to advance pro-gun legislation.

I am a Forum User
    Do it for the children.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

liberals think the law doesn't apply to them

I am a Forum User
    Michigan DHS uses their own interpretation of their ability to manage ‘hazardous materials’ in foster homes to attempt to control guns. The law is clearly meant for household chemicals but they try to extend it. My experience is that it is enforced differently by each caseworker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast