Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    I think I will inquire at DSC to see if I can get in for membership.
    Me Too, Looking for a place where I can put my 5th wheel and camp while enjoying shooting sports with the family.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

MGO Member
    everyone should belong to a club..

Around here the closest 2 clubs are 'shotgun' clubs. That is 'owned' and run by and for shot gunners.
    When the clays range is open (every weekend) the rifle range is closed. The clays range is in the rifle range impact area.

Another range has all kinds of activities and facilities(ranges) except for 22 BR shooting.

Don't know where in Montmorency Co you are, but IIRC they shoot 22BR in Oscoda along with F class.
    My recaller isn't always what it was, but it might be worth a call.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    DSC is a single round club. I'm all for 3 second rule and no mag dumps. single round chamber is a no go for me.
    Stemming from the other thread, you and I are on the same hunt.

I am a Forum User
    DSC is a single round club. I'm all for 3 second rule and no mag dumps. single round chamber is a no go for me.
    As Shlike mentioned, this IS the case with the rifle range (only). HOWEVER, in the DSC/Rifle Range RO rule book, it is actually up to the Range Officer on duty if multiple rounds made be loaded and fired in a safe/slow manner.

If you've ever been a range officer, you know why the DSC has the single load rule as there are MANY people who show up at ranges who shouldn't even be holding a weapon, let alone pulling the trigger! LoL... This is especially true during the annual deer hunting sight-in season. You'd be SURPRISED what people bring to the range and attempt to hit targets with!
    Yes, scopes mounted with the Up-Down/Left-Right turrets reversed are commonly found all year long. You'd be surprised how many scopes which are mounted completely BACKWARDS I have seen in my life! The really scary part is how many rounds people will fire through a rifle with the scope mounted completely backward without asking for help as to why they are not hitting their target... LoL...

Some of the DSC RO's are more receptive to this multi-round allowance than others. It's really the luck of the draw.
    Personally, when I was on R.O. duty, I would usually monitor every shooter on the line pretty carefully and when asked by individuals if they could multi-load, if they seemed pretty safe/competent in my previous observations I would usually allow it and of course monitor them even closer at that point. Personally I never had to revoke that multi-round privilege from anyone I granted it to due to safety reasons, but as they say on TV car ads; "Your mileage may vary"...

The DSC does have a nice/covered firing line 200yard rifle range though, and thank goodness for guys like me, we are one of the only ranges around which still allows even .50BMG to be shot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryloola View Post
    What are you looking for in a club? Where you live? These 2 questions would prob help steer you in right direction.
    The OP in this year old++ thread answered those questions in the OP. The OP also has not been on this forum in the last year.

Why don't you start a thread and tell us all about how you do things in the UNITED KINGDOM, and about all of the firearms you keep?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The OP in this year old++ thread answered those questions in the OP. The OP also has not been on this forum in the last year.

Why don't you start a thread and tell us all about how you do things in the UNITED KINGDOM, and about all of the firearms you keep?
    Did you notice that it’s been over a year since the last post to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Did you notice that it’s been over a year since the last post to this thread?
    Read a little further! Then comprehend the nature of things.

Did you notice that the post that I quoted is no longer there?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Id encourage you to join a club even if you might think you wont "get your dues back."

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Id encourage you to join a club even if you might think you wont "get your dues back."
    Dude. Look at the post dates.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12