Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Looking for sportsman club

Firearm owner looking for sportsman club to join. Need outdoor and indoor range pistol and rifle. ( outdoor rifle only ok)
    Something within 20mnts of Macomb. I see alot of these clubs have very limited outdoor range days and times.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    Bluewater or Huron Pointe would seem to fit the bill. I've never been, but based on what I've seen of their ranges, Bluewater would seem to be a better fit.

I am a Forum User
    I belong to Bluewater You can shoot 365 days a year 100/200 yard rifle 600 yard open to events. Private shooting areas also indoor pistol trap skeet and 5 stand if you would like to take a look I would be happy to show you around. 5min off I-94 exit 266
    I live in Macomb Township near Lakeside Mall its about 25min

I am a Forum User
    Have you looked at the Detroit Sportsmen's Congress in Utica?
    http://www.d-s-c.org/
    Outdoor: 200 yard rifle, 50 yard pistol, 3D archery, shotgun Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays, blackpowder
    Indoor: 2-pistol ranges (50 feet? more?), shooting pro-shop (good deals on ammo and reloading components).
    They have a campground out I oxford for members use which has a decent lake for fishing too.

I think I will inquire at DSC to see if I can get in for membership.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I am a member of DSC, great bunch of folks, lots of competitive activities all year long. If you have any specific questions, please PM me.

I am a Forum User
    I am not a member of DSC, but I go there regularly. I use the basement pistol range which is hardly ever crowded. I also use the rifle range, very nice facilities. They are open to the public. The fees are higher as a non-member ($20.00 non-member vs. $7.00 member for the pistol range). I have considered joining but I just wouldn't use it enough to justify the membership fees.

DSC is a single round club. I'm all for 3 second rule and no mag dumps. single round chamber is a no go for me.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    DSC is a single round club. I'm all for 3 second rule and no mag dumps. single round chamber is a no go for me.
    I think you are referring to the rifle range. That is an annoying rule for sure. When shooting an AR for example, you have to put one round by hand into the chamber or load one round in a mag at a time. If you are shooting rimfire, for example an M&P 15-22, they will let you load multiple rounds in the mag, but still no rapid fire.

On the indoor pistol range, still no mag dumps are allowed, but you can load full mags. I will do double-taps, and they have never said anything to me. I think it depends on who is on range-master duty. Some are more "zealous" than others.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for all the information. I will check these out and see which is a good fit for them and myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast