Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

A Little Help With What I Have

Need to make some room again and I need a little help with these before I sell them, I'm not a military firearm guy and I've had these for a long time, what are they?

This one no idea.

jaa.JPGjaaa.JPGjaap.JPGjaapp.JPG
    jap.JPGjapa.JPGjapan.JPG

This has been sporterized, has US flaming bomb on barrel and bolt.

arm.JPGarme.JPGarmm.JPGaar.JPG
    aarr.JPGaarrm.JPG

Any idea on values, Thanks

Let me tell you what I know
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

The first one is a late model Mauser. What caliber is it? The second looks like a sporterized Springfield 1903A3
    “The path of the warrior is difficult!
    We live to protect those who cannot protect themselves!
    Honor in serving!
    Honor in defending!
    Honor in dying for a just cause!”

MGO Member
    First one is a Mauser M93/95, looks to be refinished.. Probably Spanish M1916 in 7mm Mauser. Second is a sporterized U.S. Enfield, probably 30-06.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Let me tell you what I know
    Are we related?

Third one is an Enfield with a Remington bolt. They are one of my favorite guns to shoot and look at. Unfortunatly, yours has had teh rear sight ears cut off.

I am a Forum User
    First rifle is a scrubbed Spanish Model 1916 Musketoon manufactured at Oviedo Arsenal some time after 1927. Could be Republican (Civil War) era or an export model. It could be in either its original 7x57mm chambering or converted to 7.62x51mm caliber in the 1950's. It should be safe to shoot with moderate loads in 7x57mm, but there is some debate about the safety of the 7.62x51mm conversions. The Spanish issued reduced pressure 7.62x51mm ammunition.

You can safely check the chambering by trying to chamber a 7x57mm cartridge in your Musketoon. The bolt in a 7.62x51mm conversion will not close on a 7x57mm cartridge. Chambering a 7.62x51mm cartridge in an original 7x57mm Musketoon is both possible and extremely dangerous.

Second rifle is probably an U.S. Model 1917 'Enfield' Rifle. The bolt was made by Remington, but you have not shown the receiver ring markings. It would have originally been chambered in .30-06.

Thanks for the replies, not sure if I have those
    calibers of ammo, I'll take a look when I get home.

If you are unsure of the chambering I would suggest a visit to a smith that can do a chamber cast and, verify the chamber and head space if altered. It costs little and, gives a lot of peace of mind if you plan on shooting them.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Here is a very similar scrubbed Spanish Model 1916 Musketoon offered on GunBroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/767995200

Not certain about his pricing. These are not as rare as the seller suggests.