Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Question Rifle Ranges in the SE?

Hey all! I'm relatively new and having trouble finding a good club or range in SE Michigan (willing to drive an hour or so)

My biggest requirement is finding a range that allows you to bring targets besides just paper and steel. I visited a range with my cousin in Ohio where you could bring anything within reason and shot at pool balls, knocked over planks of wood and the lot. It was really enjoyable.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I am a Forum User
    I don't know of any club that would allow that. It would make a mess. Maybe the Pit up by Lapeer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I don't know of any club that would allow that. It would make a mess. Maybe the Pit up by Lapeer.
    The Pit has regulations now prohibiting most things other than paper (and maybe clays).

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Maybe kickin brass out in Jackson? They might let you if you tell them you’ll clean up afterwards.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    The pit is pretty tame. You can only really shoot wood, clays and paper. From time to time you see the one who shoots steel.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Maybe kickin brass out in Jackson? They might let you if you tell them you’ll clean up afterwards.
    Do you know if kickin brass has a website? Checking the satelite view from Google maps doesnt give a good idea of their setup for me.

Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeig View Post
    Do you know if kickin brass has a website? Checking the satelite view from Google maps doesnt give a good idea of their setup for me.

Thanks!
    I think they are only on Facebook. I live a mile from them. Been there a few times. It is an old gravel pit. I only shot paper for sighting in but they may allow other stuff. This is there phone number (517) 937-1969

I am a Forum User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeig View Post

Thanks!
    They can shoot out to ~300yds or so, depending where you shoot from and what they have in the way. They had talked about clearing this and that and going to 400+yds, but it may or may not ever happen.

They have a shorter 25ish yd area and the rest is just kinda pits. They have been fighting legalities and trying to restructure the place over the past few years. You have to call and set up a time to shoot, you can't just show up.

Joe will probably let you shoot just about anything that is safe, provided you pick up the mess and haul out the trash it creates.

Odd place. Odd setup. Seems like they are trying but they are still fighting zoning and legality issues.

You can PM me if you can't get a hold of anyone there. I have a personal contact number.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 12-19-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    They can shoot out to ~300yds or so, depending where you shoot from and what they have in the way. They had talked about clearing this and that and going to 400+yds, but it may or may not ever happen.

They have a shorter 25ish yd area and the rest is just kinda pits. They have been fighting legalities and trying to restructure the place over the past few years. You have to call and set up a time to shoot, you can't just show up.

Joe will probably let you shoot just about anything that is safe, provided you pick up the mess and haul out the trash it creates.

Odd place. Odd setup. Seems like they are trying but they are still fighting zoning and legality issues.

You can PM me if you can't get a hold of anyone there. I have a personal contact number.
    Joe has mentioned they've been constantly fighting legal battles in regards to noise complaints from various neighbors new to the area (I'm not sure how accurate this is, just going off what he mentioned to me). That being said, I've always found Joe to be a good guy as well as the older gentlemen that is frequently out there and when you're there, it's usually with relatively few other people. I don't really have anything negative to say about the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast