Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Looking for a good set of flip up/down iron sights for my AR-15.

I'm looking for a good set of flip down iron sights for my AR-15, I'm looking to spend max $150. Anyone have any recommendations?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

you're in the magpul pro price range. For a bit more you can get into troy or lwrc.
    might be worth shopping around?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Magpul Pro’s.

Pro’s are good.
    Occasionally Aero precision has sales in thier set for $100. I haven’t had any issues with durability on the set I have and I do prefer the peep and H&K style front. Only downside to those is the rear sight profile sits taller than most and it doesn’t fit under scopes. If you were to use it with a QD mounted scope it necessitates moving the scope forward on the mount as well. If you use a red dot you should be ok. If you use a red dot with magnifier the magnifier may not clear the rear sight.
    Primary just had a sale on the metal diamond head sights. I also have a set of those and they are very nice. The diamond aperture really draws your eye in. Only negative is the base that goes on the pic rails are on the wide side. They fit under my LPVO’s in QD mounts from ADM, MI and LaRue.
    You can also wait on a sale on the Troys which are awesome, I prefer the H&K style vs the M4. Primary has sales on those too.
    Griffin armament makes a set up for under $150 that also gives you the option to mount the flip ups on the 45 degree offset or the regular way. They are very low profile.
    Last edited by no im not squinting; 04-27-2018 at 08:45 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I don't like the gloss finish on the Magpuls. There's too much glare on the front sight. YHM also has a nice set of sights. I think the diamond sights are a laugh. Round apertures work best.

I don’t think the Diamondhead sights are a laugh.

My first experience shooting was in Marine Corps boot camp using iron sights, so I’ve used iron sights a lot. I’ve also used the HK diopter sight, and a few other iron sights. The only thing I was uncomfortable with was that you can only adjust elevation using the FSP, although they do offer different sized FSP. They do have two aperatures for long or short distances. Sight alignment & picture are not a problem and I’ve found I have an easier time lining them up because of their shape. Size isn’t bad, they collapse flat and can be used to cowitness with a RDS. Now I don’t usually use iron sights for distances over 100 because I’ve got old eyes and scopes.

I’ve owned the polymer and iron Diamonhead sights and they’re equal in quality and durability. I have found both for $150 for a pair. Try them and if you don’t like them you can exchange for the classic round sights.

Not a fan of the Magpul sights.

I am a Forum User
    If you're looking at the rear sight, you're doing it wrong. You look through the rear sight and completely ignore it. There's a reason that aperture sights have always been round-because it's the correct way.
    It's like you're in your house looking outside. You look through the window, not at it.