Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I've used "Scout" scopes for 15 years on a number of rifles...there are several advantages- a load of non-critical eye relief and freeing up space over the action (which can be significant on a bolt gun), you also won't frost the ocular with your breath on winter hunts up here.

I can shoot with both eyes open on the 2.5x and have dropped game out to 275yds. so I never understood the utility of the newish 1.5-5x IER.

The biggest advantage to me is speed- it is just a very fast type of sight to use.

Don't overlook a real disadvantage- when the sun hits the ocular over your shoulder it can wash out the image unlike a conventional scope that will be shaded by your head.

MGO Member
    Six Mueller scopes on my rifles ... 8 1/2-25 good enough for Prairie Dogs to 600 yards. Could see them OK just difficult to get the drop and windage of the .223 right past 400 yards. I would go for their newest 8-32 if I was to replace a scope.

http://muelleroptics.com/product-cat...actical-scope/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12