Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Shooting chipmunks isn't "hunting", it's "target practice".

I'd be willing to bet your friendly Mr DNR officer would disagree with your views there..
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I'd be willing to bet your friendly Mr DNR officer would disagree with your views there..
    Okkkkk....... How about Pest Control?

I am a Forum User
    I know Novi prohibits “projectiles of any kind” including B.B. guns, pellet guns, now and arrow, even lawn darts.

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    NEVER EVER obtain legal advice from police.
    LOL! And they write the tickets...
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by dstallguy View Post
    I know Novi prohibits “projectiles of any kind” including B.B. guns, pellet guns, now and arrow, even lawn darts.
    And per post #6 they are preempted by state law, so Novi's city council can shove it where the sun don't shine!

I blast at least 5 to 10 a week in the summer as they are digging next to my foundation as well letting rain water soak. Plus, they have tunneled all throughout my retaining wall which is eroding the dirt/roots that help keep it together.
    I do, however, always get a small game license just in case someone were to get pissy in my neighborhood. Year round no limit on ground squirrel.
    Also, another method I have used successfully, and this may work for you allowing you to avoid using an air rifle, is this: Take a 5 gallon bucket from Lowes/Menards/etc... fill it about 1/2 way up with water. Get a bag of sunflower seeds and spread it them all over the top of the water. They will float, so put a lot in there- enough that you can no longer see water. Then, build a ramp up using a 2x4 with peanut butter on it or more sunflower seeds. The little Alvins go up the ramp, look down and think they've found the motherload of food. After about 4 or 5 hours, you'll get a good number drowned. They are morons and I've seen one follow right after another one and essentially watch his buddy swimming around, and then the second one jumped in.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    And per post #6 they are preempted by state law, so Novi's city council can shove it where the sun don't shine!
    how are they premempted, it's an air rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    how are they premempted, it's an air rifle?
    Because a couple of years ago they expanded our preemption law to include air rifles....as has been mentioned repeatedly in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Very great information. Thank you all very much. I think I’ll go with The “bucket of death” booby trap, and i’ll Leave a couple of old beer cans on the lawn. I have a walkout basement with plenty of windows. Actually just bought a Ruger Slienthawk the other day and looking forward to enhancing my “target practice”. The neighbors won’t hear me, and If and when the Po-Po arrive. I’ll inform them I’m target practing on my premescise with my pneumatic rifle and bud light is taking a pounding. Thanks again.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    Because a couple of years ago they expanded our preemption law to include air rifles....as has been mentioned repeatedly in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast