Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

Keltec P3AT issues

I just picked up a Keltec P3AT with 2 magazines and a galco holster for $40. Cleaned it up but I’m having issues with the ejection of spent casings. The extractor is pulling the spent casing back about halfway out of the chamber when there is still rounds in the magazine and when it’s the last round the extractor will cling onto it and I have to pull the casing off. Anyone have any similar issues or a possible solution? I’m mean for $40 I can just sell the mags and holster on eBay and get my money back but I’d rather fix it for a back up. Any help is appreciated.

you got it all for $40 ?

Send it to keltec they will fix it or give you a new one.

MGO Member
    Yup $40! Couldn’t pass it up! What would you suggest? Call them and explain what’s going on?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I think you should just get rid of it. I'll dispose of it for you... it's not like you're losing a wad of money on it, right?
    They will almost certainly fix it if you call them. They might charge as much as you got it for, but that's still a sweet deal.
    Otherwise, have you checked to see that the extractor isn't broken? I've had a couple guns get chips in the business end of the extractor and they acted similarly. new extractor and they're back to 100%.
    Or maybe some grit got down inside the extractor spring and is keeping it from moving freely? Either way, if we're DIY gunsmithing, seems like pulling the extractor off and giving it a good cleaning and exam would be the first step. Second step is to give it the feed ramp the traditional fluff and buff most keltecs need (not for your particular problem, but it probably needs it anyway).
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

There is KTOG (ktog@yahoogroups.com), Kel Tec group on line. Sometimes they discuss fire arms, a question about them would be welcomed.
    There also is the official Kel Tec group with archives.
    I have had one for years and it runs just fine after initial problems.

Kel Tec is now limiting its life time warranty.
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

MGO Member
    I think this afternoon I will remove the extractor etc. and give it a good cleaning and see what that does. Thanks for the help guys!

First or second generation? 1st Gen. extractors were updated several times. I got one when they first hit the market. Lot of issues. Once I got them all worked out, it's ran great with any brass cased ammo I put in it. Won't run steel though. Jams constantly.
    Gen 2's have a whole different style extractor. I have no experience with those.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    It’s a gen 2. I think I found the issue.... the ejector is MIA lol. Looks like I can replace the extractor and springs along with the ejector for $15 shipped straight from Kel-Tec.

The ejector just drops in (or out) on the Gen 1 when the slide is taken off. Probably the same on the Gen 2. Apparently someone wasn't aware of that.
    Manual? We don't need no stinkin' manual!
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    Probably misplaced it when the previous owner was cleaning it. $55 for a fully functional .380 pocket gun? I’ll take it. Just need to runs a few rounds through it after fixing the issues before I’d carry it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast