Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5933 of 2018 - Require background check for rental of firearms at a gun range

HB 5933 of 2018
    Weapons; firearms; background check for rental of firearms at a gun range; require. Amends 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 - 28.435) by adding sec. 2c.
    Last Action: 5/9/2018 bill electronically reproduced 05/08/2018
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Depression and mental illness don't show up unless you have had treatment so this will do nothing but infringe more on people who have done nothing wrong. I really hate the way the government THINKS they know best and rather than addressing problems just make life harder for those who have done nothing wrong.

Knee jerk reaction to an isolated incident. A piece of garbage written by seven other pieces of garbage.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Absolutely ridiculous. Will do nothing but make the legislators look like they're doing something.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. Will do nothing but make the legislators look like they're doing something.
    How can you say that?

We have had 1 example of a rental gun being used in a crime in the last 250+ years.
    It is CLEAR we need to do SOMETHING.
    Just because this won't prevent the possibility of something similar happening again, it is a good start to further restricting the rights of the people to own & use firearms.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    How can you say that?

We have had 1 example of a rental gun being used in a crime in the last 250+ years.
    It is CLEAR we need to do SOMETHING.
    Just because this won't prevent the possibility of something similar happening again, it is a good start to further restricting the rights of the people to own & use firearms.
    I didn't realize how frequently something like this occurred. I think to make it simple and efficient, we need to have legislation that requires a background check before we can leave our domiciles.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Knee jerk reaction to an isolated incident. A piece of garbage written by seven other pieces of garbage.
    This sums it up!

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Knee jerk reaction to an isolated incident.
    This is true. Almost all legislation related to some kind of incident or crisis is bad.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    This is true. Almost all legislation related to some kind of incident or crisis is bad.
    Would that, in your opinion, also apply to the St. Valentine's day massacre?

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Would that, in your opinion, also apply to the St. Valentine's day massacre?
    I think that is a perfect example of a crisis causing bad legislation.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast