Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    This is true. Almost all legislation related to some kind of incident or crisis is bad.

I am a Forum User
    And this is why we have so little freedom left. Every time a crime or disaster happens no matter how rare or the number of laws broken for it to occur already the first thing our politicians do is move to enact another law.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    And this is why we have so little freedom left. Every time a crime or disaster happens no matter how rare or the number of laws broken for it to occur already the first thing our politicians do is move to enact another law.
    It's called "job security", if they aren't passing new laws, we wouldn't need them.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Would that, in your opinion, also apply to the St. Valentine's day massacre?
    I think that is a perfect example of a crisis causing bad legislation.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Autocrats gonna Autocrat.

It's bad enough that most ranges now require 2 people to rent a firearm. I know Ann Arbor Arms, Firing Line in Westland, Top Gun, and others required this when I was looking to test out a gun before purchase. At least Huron Valley Guns waves the required 2 people if you have a CPL.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Autocrats gonna Autocrat.
    Exactly my point.

I am a Forum User
    Republican Senator Rick Jones introduced his version of rental control legislation yesterday: SB 1044. The primary distinction from Representative Wittenberg's HB 5933 is that Sen. Jones would not require a NICS check or CPL under two circumstances:

(a) The individual possesses the firearm for the purpose of instruction in the safe use of a firearm during a gun safety or training class, and the individual is under the direct supervision of the instructor of that gun safety or training class.

(b) The individual is under the direct supervision of a range master for the duration that individual is renting, leasing, or borrowing a firearm at the target range or shooting facility.
    The Wittenberg bill clearly ends youth shooting and hunter safety programs. The Jones bill probably does not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12