Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

NSSF Boots Dick's!

National Shooting Sports Foundation Just Expelled Dick’s Sporting Goods Over Gun Control Lobbying

Name:  Dicks-Nighttime-Storefront.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  69.8 KB

By Sean Davis
    The Federalist
    May 4th. 2018

The nation’s largest firearms trade association expelled Dick’s Sporting Goods on Friday morning, citing the retailer’s decision to hire multiple gun control lobbyists. The vote to expel Dick’s from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, or NSSF, was unanimous, the group said in a press release issued Friday morning.

“The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation,” the group announced.

Cool.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Just talked to a lady who is angry her husband went to dicks to get their kids a baseball bat. She wanted him to go to dunhams because of how dicks has been acting. I told her that nssf just cut ties and she laughed and said they deserved worse.

I think this is not going to turn out the way dicks is hoping it will.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

May be Dunham's will drop Yeti and dicks can pick them up.

I am a Forum User
    Somewhat related:

Anybody remember back when Smith & Wesson "caved" to the Klintonista regime?

Their sales plummeted,their stock followed,and then they sold for pennies on the dollar!

May the same be true for Dick's.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Somewhat related:

Anybody remember back when Smith & Wesson "caved" to the Klintonista regime?

Their sales plummeted,their stock followed,and then they sold for pennies on the dollar!

May the same be true for Dick's.
    I'll keep doing my part.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User

NSSF Boots Dick's!

I did my part of deuchebaggery yesterday.

I needed a new duffel bag and Dicks was the only place with the one I wanted in stock. They had it on a top shelf so I had to ask someone to get it down. I looked it over, decided its what I was looking for and said “thanks” and handed it back. The guy said “is that what you’re looking for?” Told him yep exactly the one and started to leave. He asked if I wanted it so I explained “Im buying it from Amazon, I just wanted to see it in person”. He told me they’d match Amazon and I let him in on my stance on the 2nd amendment.

Now in his defense he did tell me he understood and I was far from the first person to do this very thing. There was maybe 4 customers in the entire store which made me happy.

I felt very dirty walking into that store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post

I needed a new duffel bag and Dicks was the only place with the one I wanted in stock. They had it on a top shelf so I had to ask someone to get it down. I looked it over, decided its what I was looking for and said “thanks” and handed it back. The guy said “is that what you’re looking for?” Told him yep exactly the one and started to leave. He asked if I wanted it so I explained “Im buying it from Amazon, I just wanted to see it in person”. He told me they’d match Amazon and I let him in on my stance on the 2nd amendment.

Now in his defense he did tell me he understood and I was far from the first person to do this very thing. There was maybe 4 customers in the entire store which made me happy.

Excellent! Green Stamps coming your way....

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post

i've been wondering...
    maybe somebody who has more experience with retail could help me out.
    let's say you DID buy the bag from dick's so you could use it right away... AND you ordered the bag from somewhere else...
    if you then returned the bag to dick's, would dick's take the hit on holding onto used merch, or would they bill it back to the manufacturer?

because I bought a holster i wanted to check out, specifically with the intent of returning it and buying somewhere else if i liked it.
    i didn't like it, so i just returned it.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Depends on the item and the manufacturer.

A bag would go back to the manufacturer who would then resell it after inspecting and repairing any damage. Clothing would be the same.

Electronics tend to be sold as open items at a discount because most manufacturers cant offer them as new.

A holster, I would guess goes back to the manufacturer who decides if it can be repackaged and sold again.

My understanding is any item returned to a manufacturer that has damage, gets charged to the store that returned it. The markup on this crap is so high that the charge back would be negligible. Some stores however now track your returns and too many can get you blocked from returns. Best buy is one of those stores.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast