Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 old firearms

I am a Forum User

11 old firearms

A good friend of mine has 11 old firearms that he is considering selling. I'm sure some have limited value but a few look like they could be worth a decent amount. I have photos of these firearms on dropbox. Who would be a good resource to find out the value?
    They are:
    Savage model 99 .300
    Francaise D'arme No. 202
    Harrington & Richard 349 12 gauge
    Springfield model 87A 22 short/Long
    Winchester model 63 22 long
    Savage Sporter 32-20
    Mossberg #46 S/L/LR 22
    Hi Score air rifle model 801
    Huglu Arms Co. over/under 12 gauge NWTF
    Ithaca model 37 16 gauge
    Wincgester 1894 round barrel 32
    J Stevens 16 gauge SXS
    Iver Johnson 410 single shot
    Winchester 1894 32-40 Octagon 1905 manufacture
    Last edited by carnivore; 05-11-2018 at 12:34 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Be more specific on your second item: 'Francaise D'arme No. 202'.

I think you have a 'Armes et Cycles Francaise de St. Etienne' shotgun here. Most were side by side, but they made some over and unders as well. Most in the U.S. are 16 gauge, but I have also seen 12's and 20's. 28 gauge guns were also made by AeC F d'St.E. They made shotguns in many different grades which strongly influences value. It should have further standard markings, such as 'Fusil XXXXXX Brevete S.G.D.G.' and stars to indicate choke.

Photos would help establish value.

I am a Forum User
    gunbroker, look at sold firearms.

There's also the bluebook of gun values
    https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/#/Index

I am a Forum User
    10x25mm, This is what I currently have.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba2xd0j6p1..._0497.JPG?dl=0

MGO Member
    I've had models of the following rifles. Below is my opinion...

The Springfield 87a is a good 22 but not a high value one. They were pretty common and not particularly collectible. It's value is as a cheap plinker for someone who doesn't mind older guns. I'm guessing $60-80 depending on condition.

The H&R 349, AKA Gamester is another one that is 50s era. Bolt action shotguns don't have a lot of attraction or collector's value these days. Another under $100 value, probably under $75 IMO.

Mossberg 46 is another basic tube fed bolt action 22. They were made from the mid 30s to late 40s. Some are more valuable than others depending on the letter following the model number and what kind of sights and stocks they had. There were basic models and target models. IMO, the basic models are not more than $100. The target model vary depending on type. Some can be quite pricey.

I don't know much about the rest of them but the owner needs to gather as much info online about each. Run the serial numbers and google them to find out a little history and when they were made. Take online values with a grain of salt. Nothing is worth more than what someone is willing to pay. Old doesn't necessarily mean desirable, pricey or collectible. But then again, you never know what you have until your look.

Savage 99 in 300 Savage can vary widely depending on whether it is the older or newer version and of course condition. One needs to run the serial number to see when it was made and what type it was. There may be a letter designation next to the model number or there might not.

The Winchester 94s value depend mostly on condition. Of course the older ones are desirable to collectors if they have something special (history) about them or fill a niche. A basic 94 in 32 special or 32-40 are probably not worth more the $400-800 depending on condition or other factors (wood, type of sights, engraving etc).

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    10x25mm, This is what I currently have.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba2xd0j6p1..._0497.JPG?dl=0
    No engraving, but a decent condition base model case hardened receiver Manufrance SxS, probably made in the 1920's. Value will depend upon gauge, an unsawn stock with the original MF buttplate, no cracks or chips, no major rust, and bore condition. Assuming it is 16 gauge, it will probably sell for something in the $ 250 to $ 500 range. A 12 gauge would go for about $ 100 more. The market for these is pretty thin.

If it is a 16 gauge, it will have the short 2 9/16th inch chamber unless it visited a gunsmith. Be warned.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    How do I receive some photo's?
    thanks

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Photo's

I would like to see the photo's of the guns.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
    A good friend of mine has 11 old firearms that he is considering selling. I'm sure some have limited value but a few look like they could be worth a decent amount. I have photos of these firearms on dropbox. Who would be a good resource to find out the value?
    They are:
    Savage model 99 .300
    Francaise D'arme No. 202
    Harrington & Richard 349 12 gauge
    Springfield model 87A 22 short/Long
    Winchester model 63 22 long
    Savage Sporter 32-20
    Mossberg #46 S/L/LR 22
    Hi Score air rifle model 801
    Huglu Arms Co. over/under 12 gauge NWTF
    Ithaca model 37 16 gauge
    Wincgester 1894 round barrel 32
    J Stevens 16 gauge SXS
    Iver Johnson 410 single shot
    Winchester 1894 32-40 Octagon 1905 manufacture
    Ones I noted as valuable..

Savage Sporter 32-20 (probably model 23c) -- 500+ in 70% or better...

The Model 63 will have some good value -- depends on condition as usual.. in prime condition is could be over 1000$ in particular if it's a carbine length barrel.

The 1894 in 32-40 if it's 1905 - could be worth a lot, depending on grade. The caliber makes it worth 50% more ... The round barrel 32 is pretty generic.

Quote Originally Posted by trc427 View Post
    How do I receive some photo's?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Ones I noted as valuable..
    7 month old thread..... Just saying.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast