Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Surprised they didn't do anything about the gang banger breaking into a house and stealing one

Jack

MGO Member
    As crappy as the situation is, not all the blame falls on the CMP's shoulders. The .GOV mandated that certain precautions be taken and rules to be followed. Rightfully, they (US ARMY) cannot and will not allow any former military small arms fall into the wrong hands in any way possible, which is why they were so strict and required all of the redundant paperwork and safety hoops be jumped through. As it is, John McCain's group is responsible for the 10,000 being dropped to 8,000, as that is the minimum amount per year to be transferred from ARMY to CMP. The pricing is subjective, and will always be argued unless they give them to us for free, but at least know that the funds generated from these sales will keep the CMP running, and that the program ultimately is a good thing for shooters.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    As crappy as the situation is, not all the blame falls on the CMP's shoulders. The .GOV mandated that certain precautions be taken and rules to be followed. Rightfully, they (US ARMY) cannot and will not allow any former military small arms fall into the wrong hands in any way possible, which is why they were so strict and required all of the redundant paperwork and safety hoops be jumped through. As it is, John McCain's group is responsible for the 10,000 being dropped to 8,000, as that is the minimum amount per year to be transferred from ARMY to CMP. The pricing is subjective, and will always be argued unless they give them to us for free, but at least know that the funds generated from these sales will keep the CMP running, and that the program ultimately is a good thing for shooters.
    C&R holders approved by the BATFE are not "the wrong hands". In fact, they should be the FIRST hands...

I am a Forum User
    Whatever. Non-03 FFLs go through a lot more hoops than a 03. Maybe they should be able to gobble them all up and then flip them for double the $$$ of what CMP is charging (and they are worth double on the open market). Handguns are not old Garands and bolt rifles and in today’s political climate we should probably be happy that CMP was actually able to fanagile this whole deal rather than them all going to Captain crunch.

Dont like the prices? Don’t buy one.

I am a Forum User
    It's not the prices. It's the unnecessary hoops

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    It's not the prices. It's the unnecessary hoops
    Don’t blame the CMP, blame congress and other government red tape.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
    Don’t blame the CMP, blame congress and other government red tape.
    You sure?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    You sure?
    Yes, i am sure with what Rootsy is saying. I will confirm that i have first hand knowledge that the .GOV is behind the majority of the mandates, and the CMP is behind the price setting. The fact that this was able to be orchestrated and pulled off is an awesome achievement. Just like all the hoops that were gone through to get the Philippine Garands back here, to the tune of every single one of the 80,000 Garands having to be un-crated, disassembled and cleaned of possible asbestos dust contaminates, and then re-crated and shipped here to the US on their own cargo ship. I can also attest that their were some museum quality/rarity 1911 pieces that the ARMY withheld to be placed into ARMY museums, and that the Anniston museum guys did have a bunch of 1911's that they are pushing over to the CMP that will almost definitely be auctioned off.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

I am a Forum User
    Deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12