Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I have to believe too much would have to change on the rifle to handle .357 or .44, whereas .40 or .45 would drop right in with a change to the bolt and barrel. Not to mention, rimmed cartridge and feeding issues, along with pretty much having to develop a magazine to run .357 or .44.
    The only concern would be the bolt mass (and additional weight) to accommodate for the higher pressures. Hell, Hi Point did the math and their 10mm carbine is still a straight gas blowback.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I'll take that bet. Never going to happen. Rimmed cartridges in semi autos don't work well. Heck, I can't even think of a semi auto rifle in .357 or 44 mag.
    Ruger already did it once. My dad has an old Ruger 44 carbine. I don't know maybe overall they didn't work well and that is why they were discontinued but his works great. I wish they would create that exact gun. Much more aesthetically pleasing than the new one.
    Truthfully I should just look for one of those. Seems they usually sell between like 7 and 800. A little more than I would like to spend on one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trucker3573; 05-15-2018 at 05:35 PM.

I am a Forum User

MGO Member
    510 shipped W text a check at KYGUNCO
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?Itemno=128676
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker3573 View Post
    Ruger already did it once. My dad has an old Ruger 44 carbine. I don't know maybe overall they didn't work well and that is why they were discontinued but his works great. I wish they would create that exact gun. Much more aesthetically pleasing than the new one.
    Truthfully I should just look for one of those. Seems they usually sell between like 7 and 800. A little more than I would like to spend on one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're right, I forgot about the Ruger 44 carbine and I even have one (the older version). They also made a newer version with a detachable mag based on the Mini 14 called the Deerfield from 2000-2006

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    510 shipped W text a check at KYGUNCO
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?Itemno=128676

Thanks !!

Now I’ve got one on the way

How does it shoot suppressed

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    Thanks !!

Now I’ve got one on the way

How does it shoot suppressed
    I wish I could tell you..........I'm pretty sure it'll be like the whisper from a 22mag. The actual recoil is almost not noticeable due to the heavy tungsten dead-blow weight. I see a butt load of aftermarket accessories down the road in this carbines future.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    I wish I could tell you..........I'm pretty sure it'll be like the whisper from a 22mag. The actual recoil is almost not noticeable due to the heavy tungsten dead-blow weight. I see a butt load of aftermarket accessories down the road in this carbines future.
    Mines on the way right now.. I'd love to try this out with my obsidiean this weekend ..

I've got buckets of 147Grain 9mm that I'm just itching to try out in this thing..

I am a Forum User
    Really hoping Magpul releases a backpacker stock like their 10/22 takedown style where the forend clips into a cutout on the stock.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    It’s one of the nicest shooting experiences I’ve had in a long long time..

Shooting this gun suppressed with a red dot on the top was as rewarding experience as I could have ever imagined..

It was dare I say boring..

Point, I shoot, I hit the target..

I’m absolutely thrilled with this gun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast