Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Civilians with Guns Intervening in Active Shooter Incidents

Civilians with Guns Intervening in Active Shooter Incidents -- the 2016 and 2017 Data

Data from the FBI's Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2016 and 2017 report; legal civilian gun carriers tried to intervene in 6 out of 50 incidents, and apparently succeeded in 3 or 4 of them.

By Eugene Volokh
    Reason.com
    May 14. 2018

Backers of laws that let pretty much all law-abiding people carry concealed guns in public places often argue that these laws will sometimes enable people to stop mass shootings. Opponents sometimes ask: If that's so, what examples can one give of civilians armed with guns stopping such shootings? Sometimes, I hear people asking if even one such example can be found, or saying that they haven't heard of even one such example. This prompted me to post in late 2015 about 10 such incidents that I had found in roughly the preceding 20 years.

Thanks to a recent FBI report, we have more data on 2016-17. The FBI found 50 shootings throughout the U.S. that it labeled "active shooter incidents"—"one or more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area." Of those, four involved situations where the FBI believes that "citizens possessing valid firearms permits successfully stopped the shooter." (Four others involved "unarmed citizens [who] confronted or persuaded the shooter to end the shooting.")

I am a Forum User
    Here we should use the , if will save just one life...

Fight fire with fire.

I am a Forum User
    I wouldve done the same thing

(Four others involved "unarmed citizens [who] confronted or persuaded the shooter to end the shooting.")

See you don't need a gun, a good guy without a gun can intervene and be successful!!

The NRA has for the last 45 or so years that I know of, published under the heading of "The Armed Citizen" 6~8 news paper articles collected from around the US. They have been doing this every month. The use of a gun, by a "civilian" to protect self or other, is more prevalent than any section of the .gov wants to admit.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    What is there a couple million occasions each year that guns are used to defend one self. Of course the anti's will call that insignificant because there are 350+ million people roaming the U.S.

The anti's can be smug about finding just one example but these mass shootings take place in government mandated gun free zones, it's government sanctioned area's to kill for those who have criminal intent.