Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Gun buy back Ferndale this Saturday

Hmm, I'll have to see where my bathroom remodel project progress/lack of progress are at.Maybe I can get away. The terms posted in the article might make it alluring for turn-ins to seek out cash payments.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

In ferndale? the libbiest of libby towns this side of ann arbor?
    Also...
    To be eligible, those who want to turn in guns have to live in the city or have a child attending a public school in the city and live in neighboring Royal Oak Township, Oak Park or Pleasant Ridge. ... Convicted felons aren’t eligible to take part in the program and there will be no blanket immunity for violations of any criminal offense, including firearms related laws, while participating in the gun buy-back program.
    ... is going to make it hard for people to collect.
    It's a publicity stunt. Also, bring your body cams and have your lawyers on speed dial, because I don't see Ferndale cops putting up with our kind of competition.
    sadly, I work 730-630 on saturday, so I won't be able to come for the fun (with a stack of $20 bills in one pocket and a stack of RI060 forms in the other) like i usually do.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I wish I had the time this week to make a few home made shot guns to turn those in.

I am a Forum User
    As a former resident of Ferndale for many years, I wouldn't go anywhere near this one. If you do, as DrScaryGuy said, make sure to cover yourself. Ferndale cops are an interesting breed. Some of them follow the laws but many of them make it up as they go in my experience. They will definitely frown upon one upping them during a buy back.

I am a Forum User
    Paging councilor Shyster to Ferndale, stat.

This isn't a buyback, it's a buyup. Notice how they actually said they'll be checking the gun and only sending out the money after the turn in date. They even say there is no immunity. How many do they think they're really going to get? It's almost worse than the Oak Grove one from the other thread.

Too bad there isn't a nice green space next door to the city hall where we could all have a picnic and see how many people actually show up to be fleeced.

MGO Member
    I may have to try this once. I guessing that as long as you stay on public property and don't impede traffic, vehicle or pedestrian, there isn't anything the police can do to you.

Hard pass on this one. Ferndale police deploy tasers first and ask questions later.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Well did anyone get the chance to go?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

anybody?
    any follow up?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.