Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Gun Control Will Not Stop School Shooters

Gun Control Will Not Stop School Shooters

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    May 18th. 2018

If the heinous attack on Santa Fe High School teaches us anything, it is that the left’s favorite gun controls are impotent to stop school shooters.

After nearly every high-profile, firearm-based crime, the Democrats and other leftists push an “assault weapons” ban, a “high capacity” magazine ban, universal background checks, waiting period for firearm purchases, etc., and not one of these would have stopped the Santa Fe High School attack from occurring.

Someone might say: Well, Texas doesn’t have any of those laws, so how do you know they wouldn’t have worked?

The answer is simple — Those laws would not have worked because the gunman did not use an “assault weapon” or a “high capacity” magazine. Rather, he used a revolver and a shotgun.

Moreover, universal background checks would have had no impact because the guns did not belong to the attacker. Rather, they were his father’s firearms. Because of this, a waiting period would have been impotent as well.

The Boston Herald reports that Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) confirmed that the attacker also deployed a variety of explosives. Cornyn indicated some of the devices were in the attacker’s car while others were at the school He said these included “pressure-cooker-like bombs” such as those used in the Boston Marathon attack.

Yet despite the fact that none of the left’s go-to gun controls would have prevented the attack, and even though the use of bombs shows the attacker’s appetite to kill was insatiable, leftists spent Friday issuing calls for more gun control.

MGO Member
    I keep saying, the left can't solve problems because they will not identify the problem. They will identify things they have a problem with and try to blame that, but never the true problem. And their subjects, sorry constituents, fall in line and agree whole heartedly.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    I keep saying, the left can't solve problems because they will not identify the problem. They will identify things they have a problem with and try to blame that, but never the true problem. And their subjects, sorry constituents, fall in line and agree whole heartedly.
    You are absolutely correct! It amazes me how so few people see this.

I am a Forum User
    ^^^It amazes me how many people will coddle and gently
    deal with the brain-diseased liberal, leftist, democrat, commie pukes.

Joe