Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Red Dot for 44mag?

I've had S&W 44mag for several years now and always thought it would be fun to hunt with but would possibly like to get a red-dot or something for it. Due to the recoil violence I really don't want to spend big bucks on something that will wear out quickly. Anyone have experience with anything like that?

I am a Forum User
    I have a Ruger 44 mag revolver and have a ultra dot 4 moa dot on it.

Watch the distance between the rings, on some of the red dots, the turret housing is too long to fit between the rings.

Been working great with hundreds of rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Nice. Thanks

Ultra dot is a solid recommendation. I've had mine for years and though I've never put it on a 44 Magnum I think it will work well for that.

Banned
    Vortex SPARC Gen 1 is going on my 357

Boys at the Ruger Forum put then on 44's also,

Lifetime warranty also.

how much are you willing to spend. A number of the more affordable trijicon and aimpoints will hold up no problem.

I would bet on a vortex, and buy it knowing if you break it you can get a new one then step up to a trijicon and put the vortex on something more tame.

I've been really tempted to put a burris fastfire on my 29 S&W that has worn a huge by comparison tasco or bsa red dot for the past 20 years. The reviews say they hold up just fine to 44mag.

I am a Forum User
    UD 30mm on my SRH 44 with hot 300 gr loads.
    Beware the ring spacing on Rugers as some dots have too long a centerbody. Standard Ultradot fits fine.