Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Scrapping The Second Amendment Would Jeopardize The Entire Bill Of Rights

Scrapping The Second Amendment Would Jeopardize The Entire Bill Of Rights

The protection of liberty that we have in the Second Amendment is still timely, and it will be as long as human nature retains its propensity for evil.

By Silas Petersen
    The Federalist
    May 22nd. 2018

It’s worth asking whether we should consider scrapping the right to buy and own guns outlined in the Second Amendment.This argument is popular, but it exhibits a misunderstanding of what rights are. The Bill of Rights is not a wish list or an enshrinement of what society thinks is most important. Rights are not requests to the government for things that we want or even need. On the contrary, rights handcuff the government. They protect us from government intrusion on our freedom.

As Chinese dictator Mao Zedong said, “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun.”

Society is much safer from the abuse of power when the power is distributed somewhat evenly. Limiting government ensures that power stays spread out and doesn’t get clumped up in government. In order to limit government, we must set boundaries for what government can do. Holding a monopoly on guns, which are ultimately the essence of political power, must be something that government cannot do. Government is already the only organization in society that is allowed to use guns on people. It would be risking an abuse of power to also make it the only organization in society that gets to own guns.

The Second Amendment is the right that preserves all our other rights.
    History is littered with examples of tyrants that disarmed their own people just before slaughtering them. A few examples include Zedong, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Fidel Castro, Pol Pot in Cambodia, and Idi Amin in Uganda. Humanity hasn’t outgrown the threat of tyranny. Government oppression made a strong showing in the last century and it continues to exist today. The protection of liberty that we have in the Second Amendment is still timely, and it will be as long as human nature retains its propensity for evil.

If we use our freedoms correctly, we don’t need to risk letting the government trample on rights in the name of safety, and in this way we make our country more stable for the future. But we do have a choice, and we can choose incorrectly. As Benjamin Franklin warned, “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

I am a Forum User
    If we scrap the 2nd amendment will it stop there?? I think not!!!
    Soon after we as Americans will have NO RIGHTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by 85V65Sabre View Post
    If we scrap the 2nd amendment will it stop there?? I think not!!!
    Soon after we as Americans will have NO RIGHTS!!
    That has been the leftist elite plan all along.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    That has been the leftist elite plan all along.
    I know, but the sheep do not see what is going on.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Guns only have two enemies, Rust and Politicians
    Member of: MGO, NRA, SCA, PHEASANTS FOREVER
    Hunters Safety Instructor

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Man View Post
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    I hope the young people brainwashed by our schools and mainstream media against individual liberty will actually see the benefits of individual liberty before it's too late.