Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

In this thread we cry about CMP 1911's

No Garand complaints please.

A sneak peak at the CMP 1911 inventory, soon to be up for grabs (PHOTOS)

With 8,000 vintage M1911 pistols transferred to the marksmanship organization from the Army’s attic for sale to the public, there is a little bit of everything in the stockpile.

American Rifleman recently got a chance to take a look behind the curtain at the milsurp windfall now secured in “largest bank vault in Calhoun County, Alabama” to see just what the military passed down. The cache amounted to some 96 crates of guns from two different sources from within the Army.

As previously reported by Guns.com, the U.S. Army’s Museum Support Center at Anniston Army Depot had some 1,500 literally museum-quality M1911 pistols ready to transfer to CMP last year once the red tape was sliced. According to American Rifleman Editor Mark Keefe, they are indeed classics.

We spent almost an hour sorting through the museum crates, finding the pistols to be mostly of Colt manufacture with a variety of all original and mixed A1 parts. One Remington-UMC Model of 1911 discovered among the many Colts aroused great excitement. They all appeared to have original factory finish and they all are equipped with World War II-era plastic grips. There are even a handful of National Match M1911A1s among them.
    http://www.guns.com/2018/05/23/a-sne...-grabs-photos/

I am a Forum User
    No C&R=

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I only had one 1911. I bought it factory new in 2011. It was my only .45. I had to sell it to make a mortgage payment last year.
    I want a 1942 1911 to match my 1942 garand.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    No C&R=
    CMP purchasing requires a C&R? What am I not understanding from your post? The previously posted purchase process for these didn’t include a licensing requirement IIRC...?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    CMP purchasing requires a C&R? What am I not understanding from your post? The previously posted purchase process for these didn’t include a licensing requirement IIRC...?
    What you are missing is the opposite of what you are thinking, more or less.

The complaint is that he wants to use his C&R to by-pass all of the process with the double check and the FFL, which would be the case for these (I believe) if purchased from any other place.

There is no other conditions or exceptions to the process that Legislature has established.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    The prices aren't terrible, but I'd hope if I select the top graded pistol I don't get one that was re-done in the 70s. I'd be pissed.

I'm still going to go after one, as a WWII era 1911 is high on my list of wants, but not enough to pay over $2500 for some of the collector ones out there. The hoops are a pain, but I meet all of the requirements so it is what it is.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    What you are missing is the opposite of what you are thinking, more or less.

The complaint is that he wants to use his C&R to by-pass all of the process with the double check and the FFL, which would be the case for these (I believe) if purchased from any other place.

There is no other conditions or exceptions to the process that Legislature has established.

So he wanted a direct buy C&R process, but there isn’t one-just the CMP buying snafu of a process-gotcha!
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    I am pretty sure all of them were rebuilt at some point in time, especially any from WW1.

The decision by CMP not to accept C&R licenses pushed me over the edge. I note that when I bought my M1, the C&R was perfectly acceptable as it is acceptable for every firearm manufactured 50 or more years ago with only minor acceptations such as some 01FFL's who, for one reason or another, refuse to sell to C&R FFL holders. Plus, as someone said above, these pistols will amount to a "windfall" to CMP based on their price range and auction process. After reading my email from CMP, I decided I am not doing business with them any longer. Went out and bought a Rock Island 1911 for about $350 which is a darn nice pistol. And, no rattles.
    Don't change them - leave them as they were...

MGO Member
    My understanding is that most are over priced junk.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast