Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    My understanding is that most are over priced junk.
    Where is that info coming from?

MGO Member
    ^ This is the crying thread after all

I'm still going to try and get one - don't really care what anyone says.

I look at this from the point of view that I'm rescuing a USGI 1911A1 from the US Government - no telling what will happen to those poor, old pistols if they stay in US Gov't hands much longer.

And I won't say how much over $1050 I was willing to pay, because some of you would have a fit.

I'm just going to cry because I couldn't afford one at this time!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    I'm just going to cry because I couldn't afford one at this time!
    They don't accept credit cards?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Where is that info coming from?
    I read it on the internet, therefore it must be true, correct?

I am a Forum User
    It is an expensive wall piece..

Question from those who have actually purchased one before.

The internet told me that what you buy isn’t a complete firearm but an almagamtion of 1911 parts that assemble together.

Your slide may be Springfield, frame Remington,barrel some other firearm..

No matching serial numbers

Is this true?

I may be missing something, but what exactly is their value based on? Just that they are WW2 guns? Some of the 1.9 million made?

I looked at the price sheet, and the combination of price and condition is seriously puzzling to me:

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.

Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction.

As far as I can tell, it's an overpriced conversation piece, as even the best they have has pitting, and anything cheaper is pitted, rusty and worn out.

I would jump all over this for $200-300 as a restoration project, but at the price they are charging, you would think that there are only 8000 of these in the world...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    It is an expensive wall piece..

Question from those who have actually purchased one before.

The internet told me that what you buy isn’t a complete firearm but an almagamtion of 1911 parts that assemble together.

Your slide may be Springfield, frame Remington,barrel some other firearm..

No matching serial numbers

Is this true?
    Nick, these are just as your assumption leads you, these are complete firearms, but as they have been in use for decades, have gone through both re-arsenal, as well as depot and unit level armorer repairs, where manufacturer and originality is of no concern, just functionality. If you have any questions give me a holler, as i have more info regarding these, as i have had some dealings with them from work, and have more info to be shared......hehe.

I can tell you that if you are considering buying one, get in on the first batch, as all the condition code "A" guns that the Army had were transferred to the CMP in this first batch. The other branches still have their 1911's, but as of now the Army pistols are the only ones that are being transferred.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    I can tell you that if you are considering buying one, get in on the first batch, as all the condition code "A" guns that the Army had were transferred to the CMP in this first batch. The other branches still have their 1911's, but as of now the Army pistols are the only ones that are being transferred.
    you do realize there is only 8K to be distributed and they anticipate 75K orders. It is a lottery system and there is NO guarantee you will even get selected to buy

I'll be interested to see when all is said and done, how many orders they end up getting. I'm pretty sure I've heard more people unhappy with the price than I've heard saying they're going to pick one up.

I'll admit, I was interested in getting one but then I saw the price tags for what I consider "less than ideal" wear and opted out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast