Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    They don't accept credit cards?
    Nothing goes on the the CC unless it's an emergency or it gets paid off at the end of the month.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    Nick, these are just as your assumption leads you, these are complete firearms, but as they have been in use for decades, have gone through both re-arsenal, as well as depot and unit level armorer repairs, where manufacturer and originality is of no concern, just functionality. If you have any questions give me a holler, as i have more info regarding these, as i have had some dealings with them from work, and have more info to be shared......hehe.

I can tell you that if you are considering buying one, get in on the first batch, as all the condition code "A" guns that the Army had were transferred to the CMP in this first batch. The other branches still have their 1911's, but as of now the Army pistols are the only ones that are being transferred.
    Thank you for clarifying for me

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    Nothing goes on the the CC unless it's an emergency or it gets paid off at the end of the month.
    Get a new one with 12 months 0% interest. Interest is for suckers

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I'll be interested to see when all is said and done, how many orders they end up getting. I'm pretty sure I've heard more people unhappy with the price than I've heard saying they're going to pick one up.

I'll admit, I was interested in getting one but then I saw the price tags for what I consider "less than ideal" wear and opted out.
    There will be tons of orders from old duffers who don't get on computers and Internet forums

Just received my random generated number today, so it looks like I will be getting one at some point in time. # is 4640. Will update when I get more info from them.

MGO Member
    OK, I MUST ADMIT i PAID CMP $1,050 and received a 1911A1. It is a Colt A1 based on serial number, made in1945 and has the ordnance final inspection mark of John S. Begley, J.S.B. I am of mixed feeling about it however. Its service grade and has been completely rebuild, has a great trigger pull, is solid with little slide play and the frame marking are still sharp and outstanding. The barrel is an HS and looks new and the other parts are fine.

The cons are it is refinished. it a great refinish and if my memory serves me right has the same refinish that the 45s we were passing out to the Arvins in 65 but I was a bit disappointed ii did not show some honest wear.

The other con is the slide. Its a post war replacement that was made under govt contract by San Col Mar Industries. Some collectors tell the slide is a rarity by itself as very few were made by this company but I would much rather got a Colt. Means I will have to find the Colt slide I have somewhere and possibility find someone who can match the parking on the frame.

Now I have to decide whether to keep it or swap with a collector friend for another 1911 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYTROOPER View Post
    OK, I MUST ADMIT i PAID CMP $1,050 and received a 1911A1. It is a Colt A1 based on serial number, made in1945 and has the ordnance final inspection mark of John S. Begley, J.S.B. I am of mixed feeling about it however. Its service grade and has been completely rebuild, has a great trigger pull, is solid with little slide play and the frame marking are still sharp and outstanding. The barrel is an HS and looks new and the other parts are fine.

The cons are it is refinished. it a great refinish and if my memory serves me right has the same refinish that the 45s we were passing out to the Arvins in 65 but I was a bit disappointed ii did not show some honest wear.

The other con is the slide. Its a post war replacement that was made under govt contract by San Col Mar Industries. Some collectors tell the slide is a rarity by itself as very few were made by this company but I would much rather got a Colt. Means I will have to find the Colt slide I have somewhere and possibility find someone who can match the parking on the frame.

Can you post some photos?

MGO Board of Directors

Folks,
    I read this thread sometime late last night and inadvertently closed the thread. Sorry about that! Hopefully, it was so late that you guys were in bed already and nobody was affected.

It's back open for business. Cry about those 1911s all you want now.

Jack
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYTROOPER View Post

Now I have to decide whether to keep it or swap with a collector friend for another 1911 plus.
    This is exactly why I didn't sign up for all of this BS from the CMP. Never buy something sight unseen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast