Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

HB 6067 of 2018 - Allow teachers to carry tasers in school where they are employed

HB 6067 of 2018
    Weapons; other; teachers to carry tasers in school where they are employed; allow. Amends sec. 5o of1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 5/24/2018 bill electronically reproduced 05/23/2018
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Well I can think of better tools to arm our teachers with, but this is better than wasp spray or a bucket of rocks, both of which have been issued recently.

I am a Forum User
    I would think taking a taser to a gun fight is stupider then taking a knife.

And if I was a teacher, I might consider tasering some of these little brats where I wouldn't even think about shooting them.
    (Well..... Maybe I would THINK about it.... but I know I wouldn't DO it.}

MGO Board of Directors

HB 6067 of 2018
    Weapons; other; teachers to carry tasers in school where they are employed; allow. Amends sec. 5o of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425o).
    Last Action: 5/30/2018 referred to second reading
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO LIFE Member
    Moderately concerned with tasers being used as defense against a shooter anyways, considering I recall a definition or description for a taser as “electro-muscular-disruption” meaning the target is no longer in control of the muscles in their body, my concern is particularly the hand. Where it is entirely possible for the muscles closing the hand to overpower the muscles opening the hand. Who becomes liable when target discharges a round while being tasered? On top of that as Michigan law is currently written — sidetrack to google I see on May 8th 2012 bill signed by Snyder people with a cpl can own one? Carry and use follow same limitations as cpl and is regarded as a handgun? However the MCL 750.224a still lists that only law enforcement / similar may own or carry, but otherwise not legal for regular citizens of Michigan to own. (Insert an I missed something expression) Thus many online vendors regard Michigan as off limits, limiting where our regular citizen teachers will acquire tasers.. further only those trained in its use may be authorized to carry one, which typically involves getting tasered for “educational purposes” ...

While curious to see how this is regarded from the education community, I do see some ways this can go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Moderately concerned with tasers being used as defense against a shooter anyways, considering I recall a definition or description for a taser as “electro-muscular-disruption” meaning the target is no longer in control of the muscles in their body, my concern is particularly the hand. Where it is entirely possible for the muscles closing the hand to overpower the muscles opening the hand. Who becomes liable when target discharges a round while being tasered? On top of that as Michigan law is currently written — sidetrack to google I see on May 8th 2012 bill signed by Snyder people with a cpl can own one? Carry and use follow same limitations as cpl and is regarded as a handgun? However the MCL 750.224a still lists that only law enforcement / similar may own or carry, but otherwise not legal for regular citizens of Michigan to own. (Insert an I missed something expression) Thus many online vendors regard Michigan as off limits, limiting where our regular citizen teachers will acquire tasers.. further only those trained in its use may be authorized to carry one, which typically involves getting tasered for “educational purposes” ...

While curious to see how this is regarded from the education community, I do see some ways this can go wrong.
    Section 2b says "The possession and reasonable use of a device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology by an individual who holds a valid license to carry a concealed pistol under section 5b of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425, and who has been trained under subsection (5) in the use, effects, and risks of the device."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    Section 2b says "The possession and reasonable use of a device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology by an individual who holds a valid license to carry a concealed pistol under section 5b of 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.425, and who has been trained under subsection (5) in the use, effects, and risks of the device."

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I missed that jump from 2a it’s a bit easy to get lost in all the split forks when someone keeps talking to you while you’re reading