Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would consider this maybe once a year, like a spa for my guns.

People clean their guns?
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Only if it was a she, she was hot and it came with a happy ending! LOL

Seriously, as a Cerakoter who has to completely disassemble I can't tell you how dirty most guns are, even when the owner thinks it's clean. I have an ultrasonic cleaner but a small one. It works great on small parts but I would love to have the $2000 Crest. I have had quite a few customers bring me older weapons for disassembly and deep cleaning and I like to do it. On some guns it is worth it to the owners who don't have the know how or the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    I would consider this maybe once a year, like a spa for my guns.
    I'm not in the habit of showing my guns off to someone I don't know well, but this service, depending on price of course, would be a dream come true for me! I HATE....HATE cleaning my guns!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind was maid services. A few franchises are doing very good. I new a lot of people in the 90's that we cleaning homes for people. They did pretty good, set their own hours and had low over head, usually a vacuum and a few cleaning supplies. I would think a mobile business like gun cleaning would also have a low overhead, everything in the van, to building with utilities.
    The one downside, when the economy slows these are the first thing people drop.
    If its a half a day job its one thing. If its bang em out, you cannot make money charging low prices, one time or several years between calls, and you essentially commute 20-40 minutes for 1 hours work. People do not think the commute counts as work but it has to be included. You can spend half the day driving around. Driving a car half the day is not low overhead.

You will get lots of people claiming damages as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    It isn't any more dumb than hiring someone to do your taxes, fix your car, draft your will, roof your house...or any number of other things that many people do for themselves. I guess I don't know anyone that hasn't paid to do something that someone else would do for themselves.
    There are even companies now that will come and clean up the dog s**t in your back yard!!!

I am a Forum User
    Nice rolling billboard they will park in your driveway to alert the neighborhood...

Kind of pricey too.

If you dont know how to strip your stuff down to every last piece, which I dont, all you need is a little patience (dont have much of that either) and youtube.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind was maid services. A few franchises are doing very good. I new a lot of people in the 90's that we cleaning homes for people. They did pretty good, set their own hours and had low over head, usually a vacuum and a few cleaning supplies. I would think a mobile business like gun cleaning would also have a low overhead, everything in the van, to building with utilities.
    The one downside, when the economy slows these are the first thing people drop.
    I knew a guy in New England that started a company that has evolved into a large franchise called the 'Maids' . Teams of between two to four young women's driving company yellow Subaru's and equipped all of the best backpac vacuums, scrubbers etc. He carries a monstrous liability coverage which I'm sure would be much much less than a crew of gun cleaners coming to somebody's home.

If you think about it the potential for mistakes, accidents or just the wrong owner's looking to have their guns re-blued or whatever. Whoever goes down this road needs to charge commensurate with the risks and liability exposure in the form of a big wordy Errors & Omission policy and legally drafted contracts covering all the bases. I personally don't see this penciling out unless it's with somebody trying to fly in cheap and low. There are always those willing to try something like this on a shoestring especially if they have nothing to lose in court but their van and tools.

I am a Forum User
    You could always just take it to your local gun shop and have them clean it for you. Cost-wise, I don't know the going rate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123