Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    If you have a Mossberg 500 or Maverick 8 you could get a bp barrel for 100-125ish. I like mine, and it's use of 209 shotshell primers makes it a bit more reliable than traditional bp rifles. Why the heck can't I type eighty-eight numerically without one of the "8"s being an emoji???

I am a Forum User
    Never see many black powder rifles but look online. Many gun deals to be had there. I hardly ever even browse these forums anymore. Heck most of the guns listed on here used can be had for the same money at Williams. Online is where it is at.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    ...and it's use of 209 shotshell primers makes it a bit more reliable than traditional bp rifles. Why the heck can't I type eighty-eight numerically without one of the "8"s being an emoji???
    What kind of reliability issues should I be looking out for? And how to avoid?

I will now type 2 number eight characters in a row to see what happens.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkledshirt View Post
    What kind of reliability issues should I be looking out for? And how to avoid?
    The only real advantage over a traditional percussion cap (and flint) is that the 209 primer is more water resistant, and being shielded in the barrel itself is more likely to work in inclement weather. Plus, the blast (fire) generated by the 209 would assure better detonation than a traditional percussion cap.

Not sure about the 88 thing...tried twice yesterday, still got the emoji...today it seems to work fine...Maverick 88

Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    If you have a Mossberg 500 or Maverick 8 you could get a bp barrel for 100-125ish. I like mine, and it's use of 209 shotshell primers makes it a bit more reliable than traditional bp rifles. Why the heck can't I type eighty-eight numerically without one of the "8"s being an emoji???
    isnt the problem you can clean a CVA in your shower with water, but the guts of your 500 and 590 will get all fouled up ?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    isnt the problem you can clean a CVA in your shower with water, but the guts of your 500 and 590 will get all fouled up ?
    I've never noticed an excessive amount of fouling in the receiver, never even noticed any smoke coming from the breech end of my barrel. Nonetheless, the Mossy 500 series is pretty easy to take apart...remove barrel, remove trigger housing pin, remove trigger housing, and the internals come out easy as pie.

Another benefit of using a M500 blackpowder setup is that it is easy to mount a scope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12