Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Fiber Optic Front Sight Only?

After buying a fiber-optic sight set for my XDm, I started the replacement of the stock 3-dot sights with the front.
    After getting that far, i've had second thoughts about replacing the rear.
    It really looks pretty good this way.

Let me appeal to the folks here; should I replace the rear, or just stick with fiber optic on the front only.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I really like the look of the Fiber optic only fronts. I've been shooting Dawson Precision with front only fiber optic for a couple of years and I'm very happy with them. Collect your data (shot timer and drills) and see if you get a positive or negative outcome and go from there.

MGO Board of Directors

Thank your for your insight.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    My favorite sights are just black rear and front fiber optic. I do not care for the fiber optics in the rear as I only need to see the front sight and make sure it is leveled properly in the silhouette of the rear sight.

Different strokes for different folks...shoot it and see if your eyes like it.

I don't mind fiber front with black rear. I HATE black front with black rear. I prefer tritium rear(with minimal if any circle around the tritium) with a nice visible front.

I am a Forum User
    black rear FO front

Last time I had Fiber the insert fell off. Never again for me. I'll stick with a tritium front.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Board of Directors

I'd prefer not to make this a tritium vs FO discussion, but having said that, I have Trijicon tritium (front & rear) on my Officer's ACP. They are no help in the day time, and if I don't have sufficient light to see anything but my radioactive sights, then I probably shouldn't shoot. Oh, and I had to tape the rear sight; too many glowing dots before my eyes.

I'm running the FO (green) Dawson front sight against flat black rear on my 1911. I kind of prefer that to the multicolor green on red since I mostly try to just follow the front. I hate the black on black, particularly if you have a wide front sight.

I am a Forum User
    I had Williams put a fiber rear on my XDs about a year ago. I like them.

Name:  fiber rear.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  93.3 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast