Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I had Williams put a fiber rear on my XDs about a year ago. I like them.

Attachment 67871
    My preferred option is red rear green front.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    If I had to do it again I would probably go that route as the green always seems brighter than the red. I have no trouble finding it though. The XDs is the first pistol I've had fiber on.

I am a Forum User
    Trijicon HDs are about as good a set of sights as I’ve ever used.. they just match my eyes so well

I am a Forum User
    IMO, any dot on the rear of the sight is a waste, unless it's just a tritium tube for night shooting. Trijicon HD sights are great, as there's a big old dot on the front and blacked out rears except for the tritium tube present.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I had Williams put a fiber rear on my XDs about a year ago. I like them.
    Looks good in the photo!
    And, I may end up going that way.
    I'm planning to shoot a few hundred rounds this afternoon (weather permitting), so I'll have a better idea what I want after that.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I prefer a FO front and black rear, preferably U notch, and have that setup on everything but my carry. That has XS big dots, so similar. Never been a fan of 3 dots myself.

And to get even more personal, I like the green fiber. For whatever reason I acquire it faster, so make sure to try both colors, most people have a strong preference.

MGO Board of Directors

Been using just the front for a couple of range sessions now.
    Both fast presentation from holster and slow, aimed fire.
    It's working pretty well, so I'll stick with it for awhile.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    IMO, any dot on the rear of the sight is a waste, unless it's just a tritium tube for night shooting. Trijicon HD sights are great, as there's a big old dot on the front and blacked out rears except for the tritium tube present.
    Yes they work well

I am a Forum User
    went with Tru Glo green front and yellow back. Most front sights will come with a simple driver for the front sight nut (very thin, hex). If you have the older OEM front sight you can just drive out the wedge tip. Ruins it but very cheap to replace if you ever want the OEM plastic later.

FO front, black rear. Anything on the rear sight should be used for night sights only. Other than that, distracts from the front sight post. The one caveat is the Trijicon HD XR sights which when coupled with the orange front sight, the rears greens do not distract at all. I've actually converted all my glocks to the HD XRs and had Nighthawk put some XD HRs on my NHC doublestack. Just shoot soooo clean.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast