Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Anyone ever done a big reduction in their collection?

Recently did a pretty large reduction to my firearms collection. Part of me is sad because I got rid of some really nice guns, but on the other hand it's nice to have a big extra chunk of cash. I had a lot of guns sitting around that I never shot so I decided to cut things down and just keep a lot of the bases covered. I think the gun I am missing the most is my HK USP Expert .45, but I already have a HK45 on layaway to replace it

Anyone else ever done this, and how did you feel about it once you no longer had a lot of those firearms in your possession anymore?

I am a Forum User
    Yes.

When I left MI to come back home I significantly reduced my inventory. Only occasionally do I miss things. Overall I'm glad I did reduce the number of items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    ...Anyone else ever done this, and how did you feel about it once you no longer had a lot of those firearms in your possession anymore?
    Just to ease any potential guilt feelings from creeping in,I have made it a rule that for every gun I sell,I then buy two.

...I'm thoughtful that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    Recently did a pretty large reduction to my firearms collection. Part of me is sad because I got rid of some really nice guns, but on the other hand it's nice to have a big extra chunk of cash. I had a lot of guns sitting around that I never shot so I decided to cut things down and just keep a lot of the bases covered. I think the gun I am missing the most is my HK USP Expert .45, but I already have a HK45 on layaway to replace it

Anyone else ever done this, and how did you feel about it once you no longer had a lot of those firearms in your possession anymore?
    I see this in my future, can I ask how you went about it?

MGO Member
    it is happening right now

I am a Forum User
    I'm down to 5 guns. I don't believe in keeping anything (not just guns) lying around if I never use them anymore. That's why I got rid of my hunting and competition guns, my roadracing bicycle, backpacking gear, photography gear, etc, etc. Unlike some, I don't place anymore value on a gun than any other object. I've heard many say "I NEVER sell a gun". That may work for them, but not for me. I have enough defensive guns and one really, really fun gun. That's all I need right now.

I am a Forum User
    I think we have this exact thread at least once a year.

I try to make good descisions and not buy stuff I would not use, I have never sold a gun.

But then I never bought a gold desert eagle ona whim, or bought a whole crate of mosins, or had 30k tied up in old mausers or anything out of the ordinary.

Just a 7 battle rifles, regular 9mms and 45s, four 22s, could shot guns, a hunting rifle, old mauser, pretty regular.

I I had 20k tied up in 1911 competition guns I would probably sell one.

Never sell a 22, or like you your HK and then go buy another one though.

I am a Forum User
    I don't have a collection...more of an accumulation.
    What is this sell you speak of?

Joe

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    I see this in my future, can I ask how you went about it?
    The more standard guns that I sold like my basic bolt actions and shotguns I just put up on Gunbroker. The more unique stuff that I had like my USP Expert .45, CZ Shadow 2, etc., I took to my LGS and he bought some of them. He offers very, very fair prices to me if I am wanting to sell something. A lot of LGS' usually only buy certain guns from what I've seen or make you put them on consignment. My guy pretty much was happy to take anything unique I had.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I'm down to 5 guns. I don't believe in keeping anything (not just guns) lying around if I never use them anymore. That's why I got rid of my hunting and competition guns, my roadracing bicycle, backpacking gear, photography gear, etc, etc. Unlike some, I don't place anymore value on a gun than any other object. I've heard many say "I NEVER sell a gun". That may work for them, but not for me. I have enough defensive guns and one really, really fun gun. That's all I need right now.
    I commend you on your self control. When I went through this selling process I still wanted to keep almost all of the standard bases covered, mainly getting rid of guns I had multiple of for the same caliber. The only exceptions I really made were my .22s in that I kept a pistol and a bolt action rifle, and my two .308 battle rifles: PTR-91 and DSA FAL.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I try to make good descisions and not buy stuff I would not use, I have never sold a gun.

But then I never bought a gold desert eagle ona whim, or bought a whole crate of mosins, or had 30k tied up in old mausers or anything out of the ordinary.

Just a 7 battle rifles, regular 9mms and 45s, four 22s, could shot guns, a hunting rifle, old mauser, pretty regular.

I I had 20k tied up in 1911 competition guns I would probably sell one.

Never sell a 22, or like you your HK and then go buy another one though.
    Yeah the HK was the hardest for me to part with and I am kicking myself for getting rid of it, I can admit that. I just try to keep the bases covered, although I still did keep some of my stupid guns like my 500 S&W, 460 S&W, and my 458 Lott. I am a big bore junkie so I still need my insanely powerful firearms fix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast