Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was a "gun whore" at one point of my life. My thinking was that if I couldn't own everything I wanted at once, I could at least own individual firearms for a period of time. So I'd buy frivolous guns, shoot them for awhile, sell them, then use the $ to fund something else. I went through a lot of guns over a couple years, it was fun.

Then at some point training became more important. When this occurred, buying guns almost came to a halt. I ended up dwindling down what was left to fund more practical firearms, accessories, ammo, and training.

These days, my collection is more practical but I do tend to keep some fun stuff around. I've been blessed and have been able to shoot many of the guns I wanted to try, so the urge to buy frivolous stuff has faded significantly. I also hold various instructor certifications, which I value more so than my old habits.

So ya, been there done that....I have little to no regrets in it all.

I am a Forum User
    I have a grandson that is severing in the USMC who firmly believes those are OUR guns lol. As an old Marine I fully understand how he feels. plus there is another that is 16 and is willing to share. The granddaughters on the other hand have marked their choices, the boys might not stand a chance.��

I am a Forum User
    I'm not emotionally attached to ANY of them.

I NEED a matching set of pistols a shotgun and matching carbines (if I really think about it - one is none and two is one).

None are special as there are thousands just like them.

I merely LIKE firearms. My passion is working dogs and driving (sports & track cars) and I'd like to try sailboating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 991RSR3.8 View Post
    I'm not emotionally attached to ANY of them.

I NEED a matching set of pistols a shotgun and matching carbines (if I really think about it - one is none and two is one).

None are special as there are thousands just like them.

I merely LIKE firearms. My passion is working dogs and driving (sports & track cars) and I'd like to try sailboating.

You are into german cars german dogs ? Dobes, rotts, GSD, or boxers?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    You are into german cars german dogs ? Dobes, rotts, GSD, or boxers?
    German history, German machinery and dogs (the Mastiff Family, genrally; Pit Bulldogs in particular).

Never a big reduction, but I traded a ton. Only one I slightly regret trading away was my Sig SP2022.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    Never a big reduction, but I traded a ton. Only one I slightly regret trading away was my Sig SP2022.
    You are in the minority with that one^^^. That gun is a turd

Selling a firearm from your collection?

Sacrilege I say, blasphemy, impiety, disrespect!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    You are in the minority with that one^^^. That gun is a turd
    its poly and weights as much as a p228, so thats weird, but what else is wrong with it, especially compared to other sub $500 poly 9mm ?

MGO Member
    One time I sold several rifles to get rid of odd ball calibers and get into the m1a platform. But I typically try not to sell, ocassionly I sell to upgrade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast