Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    The nerds over at pistol-forum.com have a hard-on for JM custom kydex IWB. The operator wannabe's will overpay for whatever Travis Haley is pushing...

I say you'll spend a lot of money trying different holsters and figuring out appendix carry sucks, especially with a Glock. JMHO
    I have two JM Custom kydex holsters. One was put through enough hell during two William Petty courses that any cheap kydex rig would have thrown in the towel day one. JM Custom are worth the extra cash. No idea if Haley is pushing JM, and generally don't care. What I do know is that quality will cost more and will last longer. As for AIWB sucking, well, no, no it doesn't. Not at all. Especially with a Glock. Full size 1911? Maybe, but a G19 in a good AIWB is a perfect combination.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    LOL...not everybody's main criteria for everything in their life is cheapest possible
    Never said it had to. Holsters are an individual fit and can be a money pit trying to find one that works...I know from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I have two JM Custom kydex holsters. One was put through enough hell during two William Petty courses that any cheap kydex rig would have thrown in the towel day one. JM Custom are worth the extra cash. No idea if Haley is pushing JM, and generally don't care. What I do know is that quality will cost more and will last longer. As for AIWB sucking, well, no, no it doesn't. Not at all. Especially with a Glock. Full size 1911? Maybe, but a G19 in a good AIWB is a perfect combination.
    do you carry appendix all day ? It seems great or ok walking around, no good slouching in a chair, desk, car, bending over etc.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    do you carry appendix all day ? It seems great or ok walking around, no good slouching in a chair, desk, car, bending over etc.
    Not pscipio3 but I carry all day 10-12 HOURS a day , 8-10 of those working
    I'm leaving tomorrow to drive back from Florida and I'll have carry my P07 wish the whole way like always

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Never said it had to. Holsters are an individual fit and can be a money pit trying to find one that works...I know from experience.
    Sure

I am a Forum User
    I have tried a number of Kydex holsters by different companies. The ones that I felt had the best fit and were the most comfortable were from Green Force Tactical. I met the owner a couple of years ago at a gun event in Tennessee and he couldn't be nicer. I have a bunch of their holsters and they hold up well and are gentle on the pistol.

The only drawback is they are a bit pricey and there can be a decent lead time depending on how busy their are.

Here is their site:

http://www.greenforcetactical.com

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker3573 View Post
    Looking at trying it with my Glock 19. What are your recommendations for a holster??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    JM CUSTOM KYDEX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Bingo.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Skip all the extras, no claw, no mag carrier. Just a single clip kydex holster works best for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    This is absolutely not the case for me, or seemingly anyone on other CCW forums I frequent. A claw is definitely needed to make the grip fit the contour of your body and not stick out over your belt. A wedge is useful depending on your body type and the gun, but isn't strictly necessary.

I use a Bravo DOS-L but don't recommend it because it doesn't come with a claw or anything to tuck the grip in. I had to attach my own claw, which was a pain due to the design and required heating and modifying some of the kydex to make it fit properly.

Go with any of the companies who make the same basic style: kydex, single or double clip / loop, with an RCS claw attached. Other claws and homebrew solutions are hit or miss (the Phlster Tuckstrut sucks even though their Skeleton holster is otherwise great).

Just look at photos first and make sure the claw is positioned in a way that it will still contact the belt and do its job, which generally means its close to the same plane as the belt clip closest to it (eg. belt clip on the trigger guard, claw right next to it on an extended piece of kydex). Some holster makers add claws because everyone else os doing it but don't know what make them work, so they do something like put the belt clip over the slide/frame, which sticks out over the trigger guard area where the claw os attached. In those case there's so much room between them the grip can rotate way out before the claw ever touches the back of your belt, making it useless.

For a Michigan company, look at MI Holster Co and their Stealth model. If you want one of the holsters with an integrated mag pouch, you can't beat Tier 1 and their Agis or Axis holsters. They have flexible connecting pieces that allow the holster to form to your body better than the one-piece TRex Sidecar style.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast