Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Medical emergency while carrying?

Question came up while talking to someone. Does anyone know how medical emergencies, car accident, heart attack or something, are handled when someone is carrying?

MGO Member
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...CY-AND-CPL-GUN

For some reason I don't have permission to access this thread. I was very curious the answer to the OP's question as well.

Thanks

MGO Member
    It is in the MEMBERS ONLY section
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Depends on who is the patient and who is responding.

Generally if an ambulance to you, most likely they will have an officer take possession of the firearm.

I say this having worked with a major SEMI Ambulance service

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fc2462 View Post
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...CY-AND-CPL-GUN

For some reason I don't have permission to access this thread. I was very curious the answer to the OP's question as well.

Thanks
    From that thread:
    I sent a question the Michigan State Police, not knowing who else to ask about what happens to my CPL gun if I am in a emergency and taken to the hospital. This is the answer:
    Which the sender, got this in reply:
    Good morning Mr. Gerring,

Every hospital and emergency response team has a policy regarding guns they encounter while aiding sick and injured persons. While their main concern will be to care of you, a weapon that is found is very serious and the weapon will frequently be turned over to the local police department for safekeeping.

Thank you for your question and if you have further questions please let me know.

Valerie A. Konwinski
    Concealed Pistol License Unit
    Michigan State Police
    I'm pretty sure this question / topic has been discussed in the general population area of the forum as well.