Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inexpensive red dot for marlin/glennfield 60

Hey, I am ordering some stuff this week on my wish list on midway, and or amazon.

I have wanted a red dot for my model 60.

What are the cool kids shooting these days, and should I put a rail on the receiver ?

something like this http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=164828

red dot from holoson, vortex, bushnell, primary arms ?

Bushnell TRS25 Is a good inexpensive red dot. Not sure about placement on the marlin though.

Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    Busnell TRS25 Is a good inexpensive red dot. Not sure about placement on the marlin though.
    I heard last year or around that point they changed them, they did something different, maybe used a different supplier they went from orange to white paint that was the distinction from good to bad where the dot was off a bit, weird shape etc.

I guess they are so cheap it can be good as long as its half decent at 50 yards, Ill get by.

Have you messed with any primary arms, no one around here sells them so I never get to mess with them.

I am a Forum User
    Search YouTube. There is a sub $20 one sold on Amazon that is damn near indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Search YouTube. There is a sub $20 one sold on Amazon that is damn near indestructible.
    it didnt have to be that cheap, I just do not want a $400-600 red dot on a used marlin I paid 60 bucks for ten years ago.

But I might try that on an air rifle.

does it have a name ?

I am a Forum User
    search youtube for cheap amazon red dot torture

I am a Forum User
    I have two of the gold writing trs-25. They've been excellent for me so far. I've also heard the horror stories about the new versions. I've read a lot of good stuff about the primary arms sight. I would definitely give that look.

MGO Member
    Just got a Hollsun red dot for my Kel-Tec sub 2000, real nice. $151.00 on Amazon. Had a $18.00 red dot from E-bay, but it gave up the ghost after 3 years, a real nice sight, green and red dots...just wouldn't hold zero any more.

I am a Forum User
    one other thing to consider, usually a red dot is 3 MOA. A 22lr is meant for accuracy, 3 MOA is too big for pin point shooting IMHO. Perhaps a cheap 3x9-40 would be better?

Banned
    Vortex SPARCS, Holosuns and PA RDS are mainly 2MOA
    I'm waiting for tracking on this $70 PA RDS, which will go on the AO Kahrbine
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...d/163-1772481/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast