Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Whats up with Top Gun?

Went there to pick up some Ar parts and see a sig I wanted. So decide to buy it.

First this is it normally takes about 10-20 minutes at any other place I have bought firearms at to do the paperwork. About 15-20 minutes into the paperwork process, I ask how much longer and they say at least 20-30 more minutes. 4-10 minutes for a background check, 8-10 minutes to enter the sale into the computer, couple of minutes for the RI-60, another 5 minutes to make up the membership card...

So they want to waste another half hour of my time for nothing.
    Why do I have to wait while they enter stuff into a computer? Can't they do that later?
    I tell them "why are you doing a background check, I have a CPL"? their answer is store policy, again unneeded bureaucracy wasting my time.
    There are 4 other people standing around doing nothing, why can't they do several things at a time to save time?

Long story short, I walked out without buying the gun, left it, 3 extra mags... on the counter.

Needless to say, they lost a customer. It is their right to add unneeded bureaucracy to a firearms transaction, it is my choice to go elsewhere.

I also was amazed to see that even if you are a member, you still have to pay $3 per visit to shoot a rifle or shotgun, no other range I have been a member at up charges for rifles.

When I moved into the state 8 years ago I went there and their poor customer service made me go elsewhere, I gave therm a second chance and at least I can say, they were consistent.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Went there to pick up some Ar parts and see a sig I wanted. So decide to buy it.

First this is it normally takes about 10-20 minutes at any other place I have bought firearms at to do the paperwork. About 15-20 minutes into the paperwork process, I ask how much longer and they say at least 20-30 more minutes. 4-10 minutes for a background check, 8-10 minutes to enter the sale into the computer, couple of minutes for the RI-60, another 5 minutes to make up the membership card...

So they want to waste another half hour of my time for nothing.
    Why do I have to wait while they enter stuff into a computer? Can't they do that later?
    I tell them "why are you doing a background check, I have a CPL"? their answer is store policy, again unneeded bureaucracy wasting my time.
    There are 4 other people standing around doing nothing, why can't they do several things at a time to save time?

Long story short, I walked out without buying the gun, left it, 3 extra mags... on the counter.

Needless to say, they lost a customer. It is their right to add unneeded bureaucracy to a firearms transaction, it is my choice to go elsewhere.

I also was amazed to see that even if you are a member, you still have to pay $3 per visit to shoot a rifle or shotgun, no other range I have been a member at up charges for rifles.

When I moved into the state 8 years ago I went there and their poor customer service made me go elsewhere, I gave therm a second chance and at least I can say, they were consistent.
    Tell them.

I am a Forum User
    The only reason I go is because the groupon for the range time. I wanted to check out a couple cz's they had them zip tied and wanted my Id. I walked out also

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Went there once, bought nothing, will never go back.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Tell them.
    Wont do any good. I took a issue to Mike about one of his employees, he basically called me a liar.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Tell them.
    I did, told them the background check and the other things were BS. They did not care and asked me if they should hold the gun for me. I laughed and walked out.

I am a Forum User
    It's not that "they don't care", it's that they don't make the rules. I'm sure there are rules where you work that you don't agree with but you follow them to keep your job.

MGO Member Forum User
    I used to shoot there a lot and no longer do. One of the last times I went there, there were two idiots in the lane next to me shooting the ceiling with their AK-47. I kept seeing debris falling in front of me and looked over and it was jamming and they were smacking the receiver then "test firing" it pointed in the ceiling. Afterwards they proceeded to try shooting it from the hip and dumping mags like that. The RO came in and I was sure they were going to get kicked out. Nope, he just tells them to stop doing that and IF they do it again they will be asked to leave.

Aside from that, the number of people shooting their pistols sideways, wannabe operators, and general carelessness in handling of firearms I've seen from a lot of people in there have pretty much turned me away from going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebz View Post
    I used to shoot there a lot and no longer do. One of the last times I went there, there were two idiots in the lane next to me shooting the ceiling with their AK-47. I kept seeing debris falling in front of me and looked over and it was jamming and they were smacking the receiver then "test firing" it pointed in the ceiling. Afterwards they proceeded to try shooting it from the hip and dumping mags like that. The RO came in and I was sure they were going to get kicked out. Nope, he just tells them to stop doing that and IF they do it again they will be asked to leave.

Aside from that, the number of people shooting their pistols sideways, wannabe operators, and general carelessness in handling of firearms I've seen from a lot of people in there have pretty much turned me away from going.
    I have never been there mostly because I heard bad stuff, its funny he lets what you describe go on, but another poster says the CZ are zip tied down and you need id to look at them?

I have never been asked for id to look at a handgun. Not even when I was a teenager.

I do not think I would be offended, but I would have to ask why ?

I am a Forum User
    Two things--You do not need to show ID to look at a gun. The guns are not ziptied down. They are ziptied through the barrel or cylinder so they don't have to keep clearing them after showing to every customer. All you have to do is ask to have it cut off if you want to check the trigger pull.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast