Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    It's not that "they don't care", it's that they don't make the rules. I'm sure there are rules where you work that you don't agree with but you follow them to keep your job.
    I agree with John...I have bough a number of guns there. They are helpful and have taken Zip ties off for me when I asked. I haven't been there much in the last year or so...but that's mostly due to 75 being closed. Nice range and good guys.

I've only ever been there, Firing Line, and [I believe] Westborn Gun shop [they had fluffy goat head on the wall inside]. Firing Line usually meets me with the sorts of looks the far Left tell "unusual" folk like myself "gun nuts" will treat you if you're not a good ol' boy. Aside from the distracted college student doing homework at the gun rental desk pretty much everyone there treated me with almost audible eyerolls and pithy comments. I don't really care as I'm fine giving as good as I take, answering the little smug conversation of "I don't know why they had to buy a PTR from Atlantic when we have a C308 right here already." "That's because they wanted a green one." I politely answered I wanted one that built to American standards and that I haven't seen breaking down in several videos. They didn't throw me out or anything and I'm fine with trash-talking back so meh. I'm guessing if you look like Mall Operator they'll probably be best buddies with you right away.

Westborn I admittedly started out on the wrong foot with as when I bought my Tokarev from Bud's I didn't know I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork ahead of time so they called me threatening me I "better come to pick it up saturday" so as I was on my way to Youma-con I picked it up dressed as a humanized Princess Luna from MLP: FiM. They were friendly enough but the older lady who filled out my paperwork soaked those 4 pistol index card things with chicken grease. Other than that they were pretty nice for dealing with such a weirdo as myself.

Top Gun is where I got into shooting, falling in love with the 1911, FN Five seveN, and S&W 460 I tried out there. They couldn't seem to figure out buying my Saiga from Legion for me, but took the transfer from Sherwood Armory who did so I didn't have to drive all the way out there to get it and didn't get mad I didn't fill out the paperwork first. Buying my mum's Winchester SXP and my EAA Witness through them went well too. They never treat me poorly or talk down to me like at Firing Line, even if the chubby kid does banter with me every time, like I said I'm happy to give back what I get and there's a difference between ball-busting and treating someone like a leper. Admittedly the RSOs could do more to keep the young arab trusties with their Dracos burning through their dads' gas station money lighting up the floor or giggling housewives walking around with guns in hand but otherwise I love it there.

Honestly I think its all the people complaining about bad customer service that makes them gun shy about booting out the spoiled rich kids with their toys. If anything I think my wait at Firing Line was longer than any time at Top Gun.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    ... I picked it up dressed as a humanized Princess Luna from MLP: FiM. ...
    A: I was going to suggest you look up motor city pink pistols on facebook, but you're already there.
    B: Do you know a married couple named Allison and Dixie?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I've bought one gun from Top Gun (10/22) and they didn't run a background check after seeing my CPL, so idk.

The reason I don't really go back there is a lot of the prices are insanely high, and the employees talk more crap than any store I've ever been to. Last time I was in they were telling a woman who was new to firearms not to carry a .380 because it takes 10+ rounds to kill a man, and they recommend a .40 Shield because it's "soft shooting and has tons of stopping power."

Idiots...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I've bought one gun from Top Gun (10/22) and they didn't run a background check after seeing my CPL, so idk.

The reason I don't really go back there is a lot of the prices are insanely high, and the employees talk more crap than any store I've ever been to. Last time I was in they were telling a woman who was new to firearms not to carry a .380 because it takes 10+ rounds to kill a man, and they recommend a .40 Shield because it's "soft shooting and has tons of stopping power."

Idiots...
    Are you sure you're talking about Top Gun? They ALWAYS run background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Are you sure you're talking about Top Gun? They ALWAYS run background checks.
    I definitely bought it from them and I was out the door in 10 minutes so I'm PRETTY sure they didn't run one. I could obviously be wrong, it was a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

MGO Member
    When did they start charging $3 for members to shoot rifles? I'm a member but haven't been there for a month or so. Is this new?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Iambusy3 View Post
    When did they start charging $3 for members to shoot rifles? I'm a member but haven't been there for a month or so. Is this new?
    IIRC, that's only for the free memberships they give out with gun purchases.

Never been to Top Gun or Westborn, but have been to Firing Line. The owners and employees treat anyone who is not law enforcement like lepers. We were actually dealing with one of the ex police officer owners. I was with my wife and son-in-law and we all vowed to never buy anything from them. Because of the mistreatment, arrogant and condescending attitude, and lack of respect they showed us, they have lost the sale of 3 rifles and 7 handguns. We were all pretty new to shooting and could very well have been turned off of the sport by their rude actions. I wonder how many people they have done this to who just gave up the idea of getting into the sport? Now, I use them as a showroom before I buy elsewhere. Their mistreatment of my family cost them thousands of dollars over the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by edknn View Post
    Never been to Top Gun or Westborn, but have been to Firing Line. The owners and employees treat anyone who is not law enforcement like lepers. We were actually dealing with one of the ex police officer owners. I was with my wife and son-in-law and we all vowed to never buy anything from them. Because of the mistreatment, arrogant and condescending attitude, and lack of respect they showed us, they have lost the sale of 3 rifles and 7 handguns. We were all pretty new to shooting and could very well have been turned off of the sport by their rude actions. I wonder how many people they have done this to who just gave up the idea of getting into the sport? Now, I use them as a showroom before I buy elsewhere. Their mistreatment of my family cost them thousands of dollars over the last 3 years.
    Firing line told a customer that he watched .380 bounce off a denim jacket and if he bought his wife a .380 for carry he'd basically be ensuring her death if she ever gets attacked.

I feel like I hate 90% of the gun stores in this area because of the insane things the employees say to make sales.

Worst I've seen was when Action Impact years ago convinced a girl to buy a Walther P22 and told her to keep it in her purse because it's guaranteed to drop any attacker and purse carry is the best since it's fast and you "don't even need to buy a holster either!".

Giving people advice that will get them killed, while you're supposed to be the experts that they trust? Yikes.
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 06-05-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast