Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    This is all why doing your own shopping online cannot be beat. Some shops make their own bed. Around here I can say two thumbs up to Williams in Davison. Good people and pretty good prices. The only shop around I like to go to other than online. I have another within 10 minutes but the salesman are smug, short and arrogant. Always have been always will. Amazes me they have been around for years. Especially seeing what the online competition is these days. I guess most people don't want to mess with something they can't have directly sent to them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a gun store in MI, that's what's wrong. I have been to maybe one store where the employees were actually helpful and reasonable - every other place is filled with guys and gals who were too sleazy to be car salesmen and were all ex-specops.

I heard every one of these stores cry about business being bad, rent being expensive, but at the same time they seem to do everything they can, from high prices to obnoxious and offensive sales staff to ensure that first time buyers are scared off and they never develop any regulars.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Firing line told a customer that he watched .380 bounce off a denim jacket and if he bought his wife a .380 for carry he'd basically be ensuring her death if she ever gets attacked.

I feel like I hate 90% of the gun stores in this area because of the insane things the employees say to make sales.

Worst I've seen was when Action Impact years ago convinced a girl to buy a Walther P22 and told her to keep it in her purse because it's guaranteed to drop any attacker and purse carry is the best since it's fast and you "don't even need to buy a holster either!".

Giving people advice that will get them killed, while you're supposed to be the experts that they trust? Yikes.
    No, it was that .380 penetrated a Carhartt jacket and then bounced off the ballistic gel without doing any damage. I don't know if that's any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefefs View Post
    No, it was that .380 penetrated a Carhartt jacket and then bounced off the ballistic gel without doing any damage. I don't know if that's any better.
    Wonder if he'd want to demonstrate that to us? If it bounced off the gel, he should have no problem with it bouncing off him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    A: I was going to suggest you look up motor city pink pistols on facebook, but you're already there.
    B: Do you know a married couple named Allison and Dixie?
    I'm sadly yet to actually go to a meeting, I signed up immediately after Pulse because I was annoyed by all the G BLT folk acting like GUNS where the problem with religious extremist shooting up a gay bar [doubt if a guy started Gegorian chanting whilst shooting up a gay bar that the religious aspect would get ignored].

I hopefully will be going to some soon, it'd be nice to meet some folk that are the specific kind of weird I am.

How cool would it be to own a gun shop or to work at one?

Funny thing is that the arrogant, obnoxious, condescending, ignorant, rude, dumb, tacticool operator cop lovers who allegedly work at these places are just like you or me. But they’re on the other side of the counter dealing with more *******s than a proctologist.

I enjoy guns and shooting, and I’m rah rah 2A, love wasting my money on yet another gun that I really don’t need just like the next guy. Gun ownership and sport shooting is an awesome hobby. But I’ve never had a hobby where there were more critical know it all nuts on both sides of the counter.

Thanks for the info. If I ever make it out there I’ll share my experience.
    Last edited by Slossar1004; 06-06-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    How cool would it be to own a gun shop or to work at one?

Funny thing is that the arrogant, obnoxious, condescending, ignorant, rude, dumb, tacticool operator cop lovers who allegedly work at these places are just like you or me. But they’re on the other side of the counter dealing with more *******s than a proctologist.

I enjoy guns and shooting, and I’m rah rah 2A, love wasting my money on yet another gun that I really don’t need just like the next guy. Gun ownership and sport shooting is an awesome hobby. But I’ve never had a hobby where there were more critical know it all nuts on both sides of the counter.

Thanks for the info. If I ever make it out there I’ll share my experience.
    Ha ha!

Name:  hammer_nail.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  31.9 KB
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    Gun ownership and sport shooting is an awesome hobby. But I’ve never had a hobby where there were more critical know it all nuts on both sides of the counter.
    Until you get into photography.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    Whats-up-with-TopGun??.
    Nothing wrong with Topgun.. Best gun shop in the entire SE Michigan area two hands down..
    A rule is a rule, the guys that work there have to follow the rules set by the owner. They can not treat you differently, otherwise they would have broken the rules and jeopardize their employment. Frankly I do not think you have a valid complaint here my friend.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Until you get into photography.
    Ain't THAT the truth!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast