Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I want a mag fed version with a pistol brace.

I am a Forum User
    They are fun-ish for a while. I picked up one here from a nice gent on the west side of the state. Took it up to my cottage and ran some shells thru it. My take, while the fun factor of having a quasi-NFA item without having the imperial entanglements associated with it lasts for a while, the lack of a stock really made it kind of useless. Hip shooting to just "blast at" targets gets old after a while and trying to get a proper sight picture was awkward and kind of uncomfortable (providing you don't have sloppy grip and let it recoil into your face.). Maybe with a brace it would be better but those are around $150 so tack that on too. For $450-500 investment you could have something more functional.

Pick one up, have some fun with it, and then sell it to someone else. My guess is that is what most Shockwave/Tac14 owners have done.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I want a mag fed version with a pistol brace.
    Your wish is granted:
    ...Pistol brace may come later to freshen the brand.

Mossberg Introduces 590M Shockwave With Detachable Box Magazine
    Name:  mossberg590mshockwave_lead.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  27.1 KB
    Mossberg has announced the arrival of its new 590M Shockwave, a version of the company's 590 Shockwave pump-action shotgun that feeds from a detachable box magazine. The compact 12-gauge shotgun is classified by the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) as a “Non-NFA Firearm,” requiring no tax stamp for transfers.

Standard features of the 590M Shockwave include:
    • 15-inch heavy-walled barrel
    • non-binding twin action bars
    • positive steel-to-steel lock-up
    • dual extractors
    • anodized aluminum receiver drilled and tapped for convenience of adding optics
    • convenient cleanout magazine tube
    • ambidextrous top-mounted safety

The 590M Shockwave has an overall length of 27.5 inches, weighs approximately 6.55 pounds and provides a 10+1 capacity. The shotgun ships with one 10-round magazine, however 5-, 10-, 15- and 20-round magazines are also offered as accessories.

The Shockwave Raptor grip features a textured finish and allows for control while minimizing felt recoil. The grip is constructed of durable, glass-filled polymer with a non-reflective, black finish and an overall length of 5.25 inches. The 590M Shockwave has an MSRP of $721.
    Last edited by Smokepole; 06-28-2018 at 06:11 AM.

I am a Forum User
    thought that it might be fun to shoot bunnies with. For those of you who have shot these would that be feasible?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I wonder when we're going to start seeing semiauto versions of shotguns pop up in "firearm" configuration like FightLite made with their "raider" "pistol"
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I wonder when we're going to start seeing semiauto versions of shotguns pop up in "firearm" configuration like FightLite made with their "raider" "pistol"
    Been awaiting that myself...

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    seems like we'd have a whole new category of "bump grips" to ban if such a gun hits the market.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Mossberg & Remington just started making magazine fed shockwaves. I suggest the Mossberg as it comes with a 10 rd & has a 20 rd available both double stack. I paid $353 with the mag & 299 for a tube fed..
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    halfway there...
    https://www.range365.com/semi-auto-r...1100-shockwave

I am a Forum User
    Just a "heads up" to anyone that has a Shockwave,and plans on getting the OPSol mini clip to run mini shells.

I just visited the website, and they are now selling the OPSol 2.0 mini clip.

I wondered what the difference was between that and the existing ones,and got this reply from an Inquiry directly to OPSol:

The 2.0 will stay in better. We eliminated the tabs to create more surface contact to the side wells of the feeding well.

Regards and have a Happy 4th!!

Twain
    OPSol TX

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast