Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Was in the mid 90's the day I fired it. Hands were probably a little sweaty. First shot my grip slipped & the safety took a nice chunk out of the bridge of my hand. Got a better hold on it & the rest went good. I hate it when a gun makes you bleed. Just ordered a set of rubber grip tapes from FleaBay. Should make it easier to hold onto with wet hands.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Brownells Boom Kit Adds Punch To Mossberg 590 Shockwave

BoomKit.jpg

GRINNELL, Iowa –-(Ammoland.com)- Mossberg 590 Shockwave owners can now quickly amp up their 12 gauge firearms, with the simple, drop-in Boom Kit from Brownells.

The Boom Kit includes a 14″ Carlson’s ported barrel to help reduce muzzle flip and recoil and an SB Tactical Stabilizing Brace system to help improve handling and control.

Listed on the Brownells website as #100-031-274, the Boom Kit retails for $369.99.

Sold separately and requiring an FFL for purchase, the Mossberg 590 Shockwave is #100-024-340 at Brownells.com and retails for $371.99.

The Boom Kit installs in just minutes with standard tools. In addition to porting, the barrel also has a Fiber Optic Hi Viz Green Front Sight for fast targeting.

Released during SHOT Show 2017, the pump-action Mossberg 590® Shockwave is classified as a firearm with an overall length of more than 26″and no shoulder stock.

The 12 gauge version of the Shockwave accepts standard shotgun ammunition, and with the addition of an OPSol Mini-Clip, sold separately, it can also cycle popular mini-shells.

MGO Member
    Just ordered a MOE forearm, from handling the TAC14, seems like the sole advantage the Remington had. Anyone use the Suarez safety?

Had it out again this weekend. Tape installed, STILL bit the web between my thumb & index finger. The tape helped a bit, but the grip is weird in my hand. The trigger is too far away from where it is comfortable. Seems like too far of a stretch for my stubby little finger. When I hold it so I can squeeze easily, it bites me. Added the laser & the thing is right ON THE MONEY, shooting it from the hip. Was shooting some #10 cans around the yard. Fun stuff. I think the GREEN will be much brighter in the sun.. I am am glad I bought this beast, but it IS one of the most uncomfortable guns I've ever shot.

Hung up a few water balloons , & the #10 tins. they are a treat. Gonna try some food coloring next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 09-04-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Yup,just went back a page, and looked at it.
    ...But mine is prettier!

well how about this one?
    nothing on youtube yet,only facebook...
    but here's a vertical video of somebody's mobile view of the webpage, watching the facebook video... on youtube.
    (hey, i do what i can when i can)

Skip to 2:48. you probably don't want to hear much of this guy talking.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    well how about this one?
    but here's a vertical video of somebody's mobile view of the webpage, watching the facebook video... on youtube.

Semi-auto would greatly reduce the recoil while shooting. The Shockwave is a bit of a novelty, and at around $300 is fine. $800ish for a semi-auto version just isn't worth the coin to me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    well how about this one?

I like it!
    ...But, I'm not spending $800.00 to get it.

Nice looking piece though.

Thanks.

MGO Member
    Ditto; this will be a fabulous firearm; but at $800 it's way out of the price range of most folks; the Shockwave fell right in where it needed to be to promote sales.

MGO Member
    Black Aces Tactical is coming out with their own Shockwave semi based on a Remington 1100 receiver. Supposed to be out in November for $450. It not on their website but they are taking pre orders through their mailing list. They are also offering it with wood furniture for $574.

Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S Synthetic- Retail $449!
    No NFA, No AOW!
    6061 T6 Aluminum Receiver
    14" barrel
    26.5 Overall Length
    Black Synthetic Shockwave Grip
    4+1 Capacity
    Cycles both light and heavy loads
    SKU: 702706998512
    Reserve now for special savings!

I am a Forum User
    They make that shockwave in .410 guage also. My sister just bought one to go with her other one in .20 guage, which I recently shot. Used shot and slug shells, a lot of fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234