Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kriss Vector 9mm or 10mm? Pistol Carbines and such

Looking into some sort of pistol carbine for my next purchase, still kind of on the fence as to what specifically I want but leaning towards the Kriss Vector. Was unsure as to whether I wanted it in 9mm or 10mm, I've got a Glock 17 so could re-use the mags and a ton of 9mm ammo already. But other than the fact that I already have a few 9mm guns and would want to branch out some more, I'm having a hard time justifying any reason why I'd want a 10mm. I don't really ever see myself going out in the woods and shoving it in a backpack as a small bear gun.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the Vector or any others for that matter. I'm not really interested in an AR-9 (mostly because I don't want another AR platform gun). Only other one I've had a chance to shoot was the Sig MPX, which was admittedly pretty fun, and a CZ Scorpion, which I wasn't really impressed with.

I am a Forum User
    You weren't impressed with the CZ Scorpion? GTFO! Love that platform, as I have the pistol and the carbine.

I've held a Kriss once, and it's awkward as hell, at least to me. Have you checked out the Ruger PC Carbine? That'll take Glock mags and disassembles easily into two pieces.

I think the Vector is cool...VERY cool...but that's it.

The bolt catch tends to hit your hand when the gun locks open...so be careful how you hold them.

IMO, I think it's kinda cheap of them to simply Cerakote them to achieve other colors vs using colored polymers/plastics.

They have a short warranty period and Kriss can void your warranty if you convert to an SBR yourself. Their cost to do the conversion is pricey as well.

It's a very innovative gun that I've almost bought many times...But too many downfalls vs the price for myself has stopped me.

For a 10mm Glock mag fed gun, I'd look at Extar's EP10. They've had good luck with the 5.56 version(design rights were bought buy NFA so it's not on Extar's site) and 9mm version. You retain most of the AR manual of arms, get a side charging non-reciprocating charging handle, and can use some AR parts(trigger groups, safety selector, grip, etc.). I bought the 9mm and will probably buy the 10mm. Oh, and it's silly light being that it's 90% plastic.http://www.extarusa.com/
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 06-06-2018 at 02:35 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Ruger PC and Sub 2000. The sub is a pretty trick little gun, but it needs a few upgrades to really make it a bit more user-friendly like the trigger and the sights. I really wish that thing would collapse with a red dot as it comes from the factory and without some other upgrade. Other than that, I really like it. My Ruger PC is just arriving for pickup. I'm pretty sure it's just exactly what I'm looking for, and I hope they make one in 10mm someday.

Seems like the Vector isn’t necessarily the way to go then, glad to hear some hand on experience with it. I’ve shot the Scorpion carbine a few times now and I found the controls awkward and the trigger left something to be desired.

I have thought about the Ruger, heard a lot of good things about it although I wish it came in some tacticool variants lol.

have you looked at any hk mp5 clones ?

I have no experience with then since they are not stocked at most places but swiss gun maker B&T makes 4 maybe 5 9mm carbines.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-date-4k-uhd/

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0

scroll down this and look at the mp5s and he BT stuff. https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/h-k-uzi-s-mac-10.html

I am a Forum User
    My Kriss is like a bad ex

I only love my PC-9 now

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Seems like the Vector isn’t necessarily the way to go then, glad to hear some hand on experience with it. I’ve shot the Scorpion carbine a few times now and I found the controls awkward and the trigger left something to be desired.

I have thought about the Ruger, heard a lot of good things about it although I wish it came in some tacticool variants lol.
    HB Industries makes a $10 spring kit that changes all that. Very easy to do job as well. The other good buy is the ambi-safety delete cap.

I have a TNW Aero survival rifle. It offers caliber conversions and can be disassembled and stored in a backpack. Not the best trigger but it's another option depending on exactly what you want.

Looks like this.Attachment 68097

Mech Tech anyone?

I’ve been on the lookout for a 10mm carbine for years. The mech tech is still at the top of my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast