Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    have you looked at any hk mp5 clones ?

I have no experience with then since they are not stocked at most places but swiss gun maker B&T makes 4 maybe 5 9mm carbines.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...e-date-4k-uhd/

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0

scroll down this and look at the mp5s and he BT stuff. https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/h-k-uzi-s-mac-10.html
    I've seen the Zenith ones, those looked pretty sweet. I was under the impression PSA was supposed to be making one as well. I was harping on not getting an AR-9 but I might change my mind if I can get a Wilson Combat one!

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Looking into some sort of pistol carbine for my next purchase, still kind of on the fence as to what specifically I want but leaning towards the Kriss Vector. Was unsure as to whether I wanted it in 9mm or 10mm, I've got a Glock 17 so could re-use the mags and a ton of 9mm ammo already. But other than the fact that I already have a few 9mm guns and would want to branch out some more, I'm having a hard time justifying any reason why I'd want a 10mm. I don't really ever see myself going out in the woods and shoving it in a backpack as a small bear gun.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the Vector or any others for that matter. I'm not really interested in an AR-9 (mostly because I don't want another AR platform gun). Only other one I've had a chance to shoot was the Sig MPX, which was admittedly pretty fun, and a CZ Scorpion, which I wasn't really impressed with.
    Like dirtmcgirt asked, have you checked out an MP5 at all? They truly are awesome guns. I have one and I freaking love the thing. Until I had it they had always been a dream gun of mine, and now that I have it they really do live up to the hype. It shoots great, and the recoil is a joke. The only bad thing about an MP5 is they price the command. If you want a good MP5 then you can't go wrong with the Atlantic Firearms Omega guns, Zenith Z-series, or the new PTR MP5s.

That being said, I also used to own a CZ Scorpion (which I loved too). I don't know what you disliked about the Scorpion, but in terms of functionality they are very much just like a modern MP5 with better ergonomics. Just something to keep in mind.

The MPX is cool but isn't really my thing. I've shot one and thought it just felt like an overpriced 9mm AR. But if you like the AR platform then the MPX is a solid gun.

I've never shot or even handled a KRISS Vector, so I can't speak about those.

I’m actually leaning towards the sub 2000, affordable and has generally favorable reviews. Plus, I really like the folding factor. Lots of after market mods to upgrade it with too.

I am a Forum User
    I bought a Vector 9mm pistol purely from video game nostalgia. It's overpriced for what it is and at almost 7lb empty, too heavy as well. Already the hinge for the folder is starting to feel a little loose. If you put a can or a comp on a Glock 17 and use an Endo Tactical adapter + brace you'll get a similar level of recoil.

At first I wasn't impressed with the Scorpion but after handling one with a Tailhook, its /only/ shortcoming in my mind is not using glock mags, and with how its built I'll be surprised if at some point someone doesn't make a new lower for it to accept those. Practically speaking if you want a "subgun" the Scorpion is the best way. Awesome irons out of the box, light, and solid.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Seems like the Vector isn’t necessarily the way to go then, glad to hear some hand on experience with it. I’ve shot the Scorpion carbine a few times now and I found the controls awkward and the trigger left something to be desired.

I have thought about the Ruger, heard a lot of good things about it although I wish it came in some tacticool variants lol.
    The PC seems to be gaining popularity quickly. There is a FB group you can check out. Upgrade parts are already coming out. Could see a lot of stuff for them as popularity rises. The more of them out there, the more aftermarket stuff you will get and there is going to be a lot more of them out there thaner most other options.

Mechtechs are cool but heavy and they don't lock back on last round.

The Scorpion has a heavy trigger out the box. Buy some springs, break out a file and a dremel with some polishing compound, and then go to work and it'll turn out pretty decent.

Ruger PC is a solid choice too.

The B&T 9mms are pretty nice shooters as well and top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Mech Tech anyone?

I’ve been on the lookout for a 10mm carbine for years. The mech tech is still at the top of my list.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...CE+SIDE+CHARGE

anyone heard of this 10mm? not much info about it out there

Quote Originally Posted by headshok View Post
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...CE+SIDE+CHARGE

anyone heard of this 10mm? not much info about it out there
    For that price, wait it out for the 10mm Extar I linked to on the first page...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12