Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Advertise With MGO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SB 1045 of 2018 - Require firearm dealers to notify law enforcement when individuals fail background check

  1. #1
    Administrator PhotoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    22,243

    SB 1045 of 2018 - Require firearm dealers to notify law enforcement when individuals fail background check

    SB 1045 of 2018
    Weapons; other; requirement for firearm dealers to notify law enforcement when individual fails background check; require. Amends sec. 15 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.435).
    Last Action: 6/6/2018 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

  2. #2
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,130
    Is Jones a lame duck?

  3. #3
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West of Bravo
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Is Jones a lame duck?
    Yes.

  4. #4
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    130
    So what is going to happen when people get falsely denied? Happens a lot from what I've read.

  5. #5
    MGO Member Roundballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I/C "Gateway to the Thumb" Lapeer County
    Posts
    18,625
    Quote Originally Posted by emuscott View Post
    So what is going to happen when people get falsely denied? Happens a lot from what I've read.
    Who knows? There is no State Law, it would be up to a Fed.


    Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

  6. #6
    Administrator PhotoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    22,243
    Quote Originally Posted by emuscott View Post
    So what is going to happen when people get falsely denied? Happens a lot from what I've read.
    The MSP will help them get approved.

    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    SB 1045 of 2018
    Weapons; other; requirement for firearm dealers to notify law enforcement when individual fails background check; require. Amends sec. 15 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.435).
    Last Action: 6/6/2018 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
    Since it's the government denying it and they have their address and home state why don't they just have the system notify the cops?

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Administrator PhotoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    22,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Since it's the government denying it and they have their address and home state why don't they just have the system notify the cops?

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    That costs money…and the Federal government isn't going to take it on based on one State's requirement. Now, if it were a Federal bill, you would be 100% spot on. They could easily incorporate an automatic notification to each State's department of police.

    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

  9. #9
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Livingston Co.
    Posts
    16,627
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    That costs money…and the Federal government isn't going to take it on based on one State's requirement. Now, if it were a Federal bill, you would be 100% spot on. They could easily incorporate an automatic notification to each State's department of police.
    Might work in MI but CA doesn't want it's police enforcing Fed. law.

  10. #10
    Administrator PhotoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Wayne Co. MI
    Posts
    22,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Might work in MI but CA doesn't want it's police enforcing Fed. law.
    What I was suggesting was, if it were a Federal bill/law, it would be up to the Feds to enforce it and they could easily setup an automated notification to the department of state police for whatever state the "offense" took place within. For further clarity, the law would simply be that the department of state police be notified for anyone denied a NICS check…just like this bill. Where it goes from there is up to the department of state police…just like this bill.

    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
only search Michigan Gun Owners Forums
MGO's Facebook MGO's Twitter