Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Private pistol sale No CPL

Hello,
    Selling a pistol to a friend who does not have a MI CPL and he will obtain the Permit To Purchase. Question is: do we need to use RI-060 (MI state police pistol sales record) in addition to filling out his Permit To Purchase card?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No. The RI-060 is only used for CPL holders. The information on both is essentially the same. The benefit of the RI-060 for CPL holders is you don't have to go anywhere to get one. I have it on my laptop.

Dice

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    No. The RI-060 is only used for CPL holders, or for a purchase from an FFL. The information on both is essentially the same. The benefit of the RI-060 for CPL holders is you don't have to go anywhere to get one. I have it on my laptop.

Dice
    FIFY

The Purchase Permit (LTP or RI-010) is the only document needed (other than State ID for the purchaser).

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Very true. I was referring to a private sale, but you are correct.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    good info yall.
    Thanks.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    No. The RI-060 is only used for CPL holders. The information on both is essentially the same. The benefit of the RI-060 for CPL holders is you don't have to go anywhere to get one. I have it on my laptop.

Dice
    Thanks for the ifno.