Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slossar1004 View Post
    Sorry but that Ruger is butt ugly. It’s like a 10/22 had a threesome with a Glock and a Mossberg 590A and this is the ugly baby.

I debated between the Scorpion carbine or the pistol. Went with the pistol and brace. I got it for about $900 with the brace attached. There’s a growing number of aftermarket parts. Franklin Armory is also working on a binary trigger if that’s your thing.
    Its not bad if your squint the shape is similar enough to the attractive enough 10/22. They messed up the details a bit though in my opinion.If I was the industrial design boss as ruger I would have said nice start, but this is a bit off, do another one, look less gimicky.

That said, if it runs and keeps up with carbines that cost 3-4 times as much, a little ugly is fine. I have not heard enough if they can keep up with the big names. If they do, the ugliness will fade, the reputation will make kids that grew up with it existing think it looks great. No I am not joking. 11 year olds that play this in video games for ten years will think its hot. Thats the way it works if it runs well enough.

MGO Member
    Interesting thread to follow, great information, and opinions. I keep thinking of getting a 9mm carbine, or building an AR9. Then I remember I have an old Marlin Camp 9 which is pretty fun to shoot, but I hardly shoot it.
    I want a Sig MPX, but don't think I'd use that much either, and it's kind of pricey to not shoot it much. I like the Ruger, but it's too close in concept to the Marlin. Decision, decisions.

I am a Forum User
    I picked up the Ruger Carbine last night. It was about $535.00 out the door.

I still like the CZ better but NOT $500. better.

Yes the CZ I like is $1045.00

I’m really hoping that Magpul makes a “Backpacker “ stock for the PC Carbine like the 10/22 model they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    I’m really hoping that Magpul makes a “Backpacker “ stock for the PC Carbine like the 10/22 model they sell.
    They will, they will wait for a bit of potential buyers to be out there begging for it, it will be out in a year, 1.5 years max.

Sig MPX would be my first choice.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Sig MPX would be my first choice.
    The Sig is very nice but super pricey. You can get 3 Rugers for the price of 1 MPX.

SIG MPXP9KM MPX 9MM 8IN 30R PSTL $1,359.00 - Buds Gun Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The Sig is very nice but super pricey. You can get 3 Rugers for the price of 1 MPX.

SIG MPXP9KM MPX 9MM 8IN 30R PSTL $1,359.00 - Buds Gun Shop
    Yeah, and they ain't exactly giving away the Sig mags, either. But, for me, I just like that MPX. If the PC was shown to be more reliable, which I have no clue about, that would sway my vote. Right now I use a SBR AR-9 carbine and am happy with it. If I had it to do over again, I would have just gotten a MPX and gone through the hassle of getting a stamp like I did for my AR-9.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Ruger all day baby..

I put a vortex sparc on my Ruger, threw my obsidian on there, got a couple of 33 round Glock mags and once I was done shoot I was grinning from ear to ear.. the gun is an absolute treat to shoot.. way more fun than my evo, not even in the same ball park..

In fact what evo?

I put this Ruger through it’s paces.. about 500 rounds first day, cleaned it and am sure another 1000 over the next week..

Fact is there is for sure new triggers coming down the pipeline since the trigger group is two pins..
    ((Mine doesn’t need it))

Fact is there is for sure more stocks in case you want your tactical happiness..

I’m buying another Ruger pc9 takedown when this happens because this is the most fun to shoot..

I am a Forum User
    I held the scorpion and looked for the plug where I put the water in. It felt that cheap. No idea on anything Ruger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast