Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Chesapeake Police seized a German assault rifle. Now they want to donate it.

Don't know if this is the right place for this.
    https://pilotonline.com/news/governm...15f42.amp.html

By Victoria Bourne The Virginian-Pilot

A Nazi-era rifle confiscated in a hit-and-run case has been sitting in a police evidence vault in Great Bridge for nearly a decade.

Soon, it may finally find a home among other historic artifacts in Washington.

Chesapeake Police Department to donate a Sturmgewehr 44 to the Naval History and Heritage Command. The weapon's name means “storm rifle” in German and translates as “assault rifle” in English.

According to a review of online auction sites, the gun could be worth as much as $30,000. Derivations of the Sturmgewehr were produced in Germany from 1943 to '45, and experts consider it to be the world’s first modern assault rifle. The weapon features a high-capacity, 30-round magazine and a selector button for semi- and fully-automatic firing.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    A childhood friend's dad had an MP-40. He'd bring it out once in a while to impress us kids (it worked). I haven't seen him since I was in high school. Always wondered what happened to that rifle.